HANOVER, Md. (WJZ)—A teen is accused of shoplifting and attempting to steal from parked cars in Anne Arundel County.
On Tuesday morning, witnesses spotted Alex Jacob Jones, 18, as he tried to open the doors of several parked cars on a lot at 7550 Teague Road in Hanover. He was then seen entering one vehicle and attempting to remove items from inside.
Several witnesses surrounded Jones and waited for responding officers, who arrived to the scene just before 8 a.m. Tuesday.
Officers immediately recognized Jones from an arrest the previous day for shoplifting at Arundel Mills Mall.
The suspect was arrested. Police found nine tablets of Oxycodone, a controlled dangerous substance, on him.
Jones is charged with three counts of rogue and vagabond, one count of attempted theft and CDS possession.
Anyone with additional information regarding this incident is asked to call 410-222-0045 or Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP.
Other Local News:
- How Federal Workforce Hiring Freeze Will Impact Marylanders
- Police Search For ‘Armed & Dangerous’ Suspect In School Bus Stop Shooting
- The State’s Uphill Battle Against Heroin Addiction
- More Older Women Can Still Get Cervical Cancer, Hopkins Study Finds
- UMD Professor Building Network For ‘Inevitably Fired’ Govt. Scientists