Naval Academy IDs Midshipman Who Died In Crash
Get Breaking News First
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — The U.S. Naval Academy has identified a midshipman who died in a car crash on campus.
The academy announced Tuesday that Midshipman Max Allen, of Chesterfield, Va., died in the crash over the weekend.
Allen was a 25-year-old senior oceanography major at the academy.
The academy says he attended high school at the Haverford School in Pennsylvania. He also attended Virginia Tech for two years before coming to the Naval Academy.
Allen was slated to serve in the aviation community as a Naval Flight Officer after graduation and commissioning in May.
Allen’s white SUV was discovered Sunday afternoon in College Creek near the Nimitz library on the academy grounds in Annapolis.
Navy investigators are looking into the cause and time of the crash.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Boyfriend Of Missing North Point Woman Arrested On Weapons Violation
- Man Arrested After Family Member Reports Large Quantity Of Marijuana In Shed
- 15-Year-Old Boy Robbed Of Air Jordans In Annapolis Mall Parking Lot
- Gov. O’Malley To Talk Immigration With Faith Leaders
- Woody Harrelson Hosts Charity Dinner At Black Olive