ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — The U.S. Naval Academy has identified a midshipman who died in a car crash on campus.
The academy announced Tuesday that Midshipman Max Allen, of Chesterfield, Va., died in the crash over the weekend.
Allen was a 25-year-old senior oceanography major at the academy.
The academy says he attended high school at the Haverford School in Pennsylvania. He also attended Virginia Tech for two years before coming to the Naval Academy.
Allen was slated to serve in the aviation community as a Naval Flight Officer after graduation and commissioning in May.
Allen’s white SUV was discovered Sunday afternoon in College Creek near the Nimitz library on the academy grounds in Annapolis.
Navy investigators are looking into the cause and time of the crash.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Another 8-Planet Solar System Discovered 2,500 Light Years Away
- Former Liquor Board Official Pleads Guilty To Bribery-Related Charges
- Winter Weather Advisory In Effect Today; Up To 2 Inches Expected
- Former Liquor Board Official Expected To Plead Guilty
- Baltimore Police Arrest ‘Shooting Spree’ Suspect After Pursuit Throughout City