ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — The U.S. Naval Academy has identified a midshipman who died in a car crash on campus.
The academy announced Tuesday that Midshipman Max Allen, of Chesterfield, Va., died in the crash over the weekend.
Allen was a 25-year-old senior oceanography major at the academy.
The academy says he attended high school at the Haverford School in Pennsylvania. He also attended Virginia Tech for two years before coming to the Naval Academy.
Allen was slated to serve in the aviation community as a Naval Flight Officer after graduation and commissioning in May.
Allen’s white SUV was discovered Sunday afternoon in College Creek near the Nimitz library on the academy grounds in Annapolis.
Navy investigators are looking into the cause and time of the crash.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Maryland Black Caucus Opposes Bill to Revive Cash Bail
- Maryland Lawmakers Weigh ‘Right to Try’ Bill
- Warning for Taxpayers: Identity Theft During Tax Season
- Baltimore Police Release Surveillance Video of Armed Robbery Suspects
- Fmr. Raven On Capitol Hill To Improve Relations Between Minorities And Police