BALTIMORE (WJZ) — After what was a frustrating offseason for many fans, the Orioles finally make a move to bolster their starting rotation.
The Birds have signed veteran right-handed pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez to a four-year contract.
Jimenez went 13-9 with a 3.30 ERA in 2013, helping the Cleveland Indians advance to the postseason.
He allowed three earned runs or fewer in each of his final 13 starts to end the season, posting a 1.82 ERA in 12 starts after the All-Star break.
Jimenez will be introduced Thursday at the Orioles year-round training facility in Sarasota.
Other Local News:
- 17 Shot, 2 Dead In Florida Nightclub Shooting
- State Asks Marylanders to Take Challenge And ‘Buy Local’ For A Week
- Woman Stabbed, Man Shot During Baltimore Domestic Incident, Police Say
- 3 Firefighters Injured, Dog Dies In Temple Hills Fire
- Gov. Hogan ‘Hair BobbleHead’ Winner of Bowie Baysox’s ‘Bobblection’