BALTIMORE (WJZ) — After what was a frustrating offseason for many fans, the Orioles finally make a move to bolster their starting rotation.
The Birds have signed veteran right-handed pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez to a four-year contract.
Jimenez went 13-9 with a 3.30 ERA in 2013, helping the Cleveland Indians advance to the postseason.
He allowed three earned runs or fewer in each of his final 13 starts to end the season, posting a 1.82 ERA in 12 starts after the All-Star break.
Jimenez will be introduced Thursday at the Orioles year-round training facility in Sarasota.
Other Local News:
- Md. Woman Injured In Las Vegas Shooting Reaches Milestone In Recovery
- Family Of Alleged Office Gunman Says He Failed To Get Mental Health Treatment
- Witness: Suspect Gathered Co-workers Before Shooting, Said ‘I Want To Say Something To Everybody’
- As Prince Awaits Extradition To Md., One Victim’s Funeral To Be Held Tonight
- Calls From First Responders Heard From Edgewood Business Shooting