BALTIMORE (WJZ) — After what was a frustrating offseason for many fans, the Orioles finally make a move to bolster their starting rotation.
The Birds have signed veteran right-handed pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez to a four-year contract.
Jimenez went 13-9 with a 3.30 ERA in 2013, helping the Cleveland Indians advance to the postseason.
He allowed three earned runs or fewer in each of his final 13 starts to end the season, posting a 1.82 ERA in 12 starts after the All-Star break.
Jimenez will be introduced Thursday at the Orioles year-round training facility in Sarasota.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Heroin Task Force Releases Final Recommendations
- Carroll County Parents Disapprove Of Possible School Closures
- Jury In Porter Trial Expected To Be Seated Wednesday; Opening Arguments Could Start Soon After
- #GivingTuesday Lets You Help Make A Difference
- Volunteers Of America Helps Some Gain Independence