BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The sixth-largest Powerball jackpot in history might be awarded Wednesday night, if someone is holding the lucky ticket. Stores are seeing a frenzied rush on sales.
Gigi Barnett has more on the jackpot that keeps growing.
It’s what people are talking about at the Soda Pop Shop in Woodlawn: how to spend $425 million. The possibilities are endless.
“Jamaica. I’m going to Jamaica,” said Charlotte Blake.
“Let’s say Sweden. I’m not coming back for a while,” said Bill Jenkins.
Jenkins goes the Quick Pick way. His strategy to win: buy only one ticket.
“It doesn’t matter,” he said. “Gonna win.”
So far, Wednesday night’s jackpot is the sixth largest in history.
Maryland Lottery spokeswoman Erica Palmisano says the state’s players have fared pretty well, winning the second-tier $1 million prize nine times last year.
“Somebody is absolutely going to win,” she said.
Yet the odds are stacked: one in 175 million.
“It’s great to be the one. I hope I’m the one,” said Otis Talley.
Powerball is played in 45 states, Washington, D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Other Local News:
- Teen Arrested In Baltimore Sex Assault, 2nd Suspect Still Sought
- Bicyclist Dead After Collision With Pickup In Baltimore County
- Water Main Break Sends Water Shooting Into The Air In Woodlawn
- Comm. Davis Opens Up About Aerial Surveillance Program
- Amtrak Announces $2.45B Loan For Upgrades In Northeast Corridor