BALTIMORE (AP) — The Baltimore Sun is purchasing the City Paper, but says the free alternative weekly will remain independent.
The Baltimore Sun Media Group, which is owned by Tribune Co., announced the purchase from Scranton, Pa.-based Times-Shamrock Communications on Thursday, but did not disclose financial terms of the deal. The publications will maintain separate editorial and sales teams.
Jennifer Marsh was named general manager of the City Paper, which has a circulation of about 50,000 in the Baltimore area. Marsh climbed the ranks to the top leadership role at the City Paper in 2011 and joined the Baltimore Sun Media Group last year as niche products director.
In addition to The Baltimore Sun, the media group publishes b, a free weekly, and several community newspapers in the region.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Baltimore Speed Cameras To Begin Issuing $40 Fines Monday
- Trump Tweets: Transgender People Won’t Be Allowed To Serve In Military
- Wrong Way Crash Kills 2 On Route 50 In Annapolis
- Stuck In Alaska After Terminal Diagnosis During Vacation, Md. Woman Wants To Come Home
- Surveillance Photos Released Of Gas Station Robbery Suspect