TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Sworn to serve and protect. A city police sergeant is arrested in Baltimore County.
The Baltimore County Police Vice Unit conducted a prostitution bust Wednesday night, arresting several men.
One of them charged with two counts of prostitution is 40-year-old city police sergeant Kevin Lamont Simmons.
Police say Simmons and the other men were busted for offering money to undercover officers for sex.
Simmons and two of the men were released on their own recognizance.
One of the other men arrested is also charged with drug offenses.
The Baltimore City Police Department was notified of Sergeant Simmons’ arrest.
Other Local News:
- Wintry Weather Set To Put A Damper On First Days Of Spring
- Did State’s Attorney’s Office Turn Blind Eye To Corrupt BPD Task Force?
- Lead Detectives Testify In Trial Of Phylicia Barnes Murder Suspect
- Man Gets 10 Years In Prison For USPS Letter Carrier Assault
- Victim Of Florida Bridge Collapse Had Ties To Baltimore