Cyclist Hit By Pickup Truck, Dragged Several Feet
Get Breaking News First
EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)—A cyclist is injured after being hit by a pickup truck and dragged several feet.
It happened Wednesday around 4:30 p.m. in the area of Central Avenue and Selby Boulevard in Edgewater.
Investigators say Anthony Lee Williams, 51, of Edgewater was riding his bike westbound on Central Avenue and traveled into the roadway toward the eastbound lanes when he was hit by a pickup truck, driven by 53-year-old Coleman Lawson of Harwood.
Police say Williams was dragged several feet until the vehicle came to a rest in the eastbound lane of Central Avenue.
Williams was flown to Shock Trauma, where he is listed in stable condition.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore City Leaders Discuss How To Cut Violence Claiming Young Lives
- Md. Native & Former Voice Of Elmo Cleared Of 3 Child Sexual Abuse Charges
- Officer Injured In Police-involved Crash In East Baltimore
- Md. Man Held In Cuban Prison Says He Will Leave This Year– Dead Or Alive
- Raise Your Glass For The 11th Annual Highlandtown Wine Festival