EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)—A cyclist is injured after being hit by a pickup truck and dragged several feet.
It happened Wednesday around 4:30 p.m. in the area of Central Avenue and Selby Boulevard in Edgewater.
Investigators say Anthony Lee Williams, 51, of Edgewater was riding his bike westbound on Central Avenue and traveled into the roadway toward the eastbound lanes when he was hit by a pickup truck, driven by 53-year-old Coleman Lawson of Harwood.
Police say Williams was dragged several feet until the vehicle came to a rest in the eastbound lane of Central Avenue.
Williams was flown to Shock Trauma, where he is listed in stable condition.
Other Local News:
- Md. Attorney General Signs Off On Giant, Food Lion Merger
- Report: State Indicates Possible Appeal In New Trial for Adnan Syed
- Restaurant That Served Driver Who Killed Noah Leotta Forfeits License
- State Faces Hurdle in Trial of 5th Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Case
- Police: Man Found Shot in Head on Patapsco Ave. ‘Critical’