EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)—A cyclist is injured after being hit by a pickup truck and dragged several feet.
It happened Wednesday around 4:30 p.m. in the area of Central Avenue and Selby Boulevard in Edgewater.
Investigators say Anthony Lee Williams, 51, of Edgewater was riding his bike westbound on Central Avenue and traveled into the roadway toward the eastbound lanes when he was hit by a pickup truck, driven by 53-year-old Coleman Lawson of Harwood.
Police say Williams was dragged several feet until the vehicle came to a rest in the eastbound lane of Central Avenue.
Williams was flown to Shock Trauma, where he is listed in stable condition.
Other Local News:
- FIRST WARNING WX: Bonnie Weakens to Tropical Depression; Flood Watch Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore
- Jolly Rogers An Integral Part Of Ocean City’s Appeal
- Church Community Outraged After Pastor Is Gunned Down In Baltimore
- Police: DC Man Charged With Sexually Abusing Teen At Mall