EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)—A cyclist is injured after being hit by a pickup truck and dragged several feet.
It happened Wednesday around 4:30 p.m. in the area of Central Avenue and Selby Boulevard in Edgewater.
Investigators say Anthony Lee Williams, 51, of Edgewater was riding his bike westbound on Central Avenue and traveled into the roadway toward the eastbound lanes when he was hit by a pickup truck, driven by 53-year-old Coleman Lawson of Harwood.
Police say Williams was dragged several feet until the vehicle came to a rest in the eastbound lane of Central Avenue.
Williams was flown to Shock Trauma, where he is listed in stable condition.
Other Local News:
- O.J. Simpson Granted Parole For 2007 Armed Robbery, Will Be Released In October
- Musk: Verbal Approval Given For D.C. To NYC Train, Trip Would Take 29 Minutes
- Maryland Plans Lawsuit Against EPA Under Clean Air Act
- Outpouring Of Support For Sen. John McCain Following Cancer Diagnosis
- TSA: Man At Airport Said He Forgot About Loaded Gun In Bag