Cyclist Hit By Pickup Truck, Dragged Several Feet
Get Breaking News First
EDGEWATER, Md. (WJZ)—A cyclist is injured after being hit by a pickup truck and dragged several feet.
It happened Wednesday around 4:30 p.m. in the area of Central Avenue and Selby Boulevard in Edgewater.
Investigators say Anthony Lee Williams, 51, of Edgewater was riding his bike westbound on Central Avenue and traveled into the roadway toward the eastbound lanes when he was hit by a pickup truck, driven by 53-year-old Coleman Lawson of Harwood.
Police say Williams was dragged several feet until the vehicle came to a rest in the eastbound lane of Central Avenue.
Williams was flown to Shock Trauma, where he is listed in stable condition.
Other Local News:
- Heading To Iraq: Baltimore Man Reacts To Death Of His Slain Friend, James Foley
- Police: Gunman Kills Estranged Wife’s Boyfriend, Attempts Suicide In Laurel
- Maryland To Share $75M In Bank Of America Mortgage Fraud Settlement
- Hopkins Scientists Plans To Study Mercury Until Messenger Spacecraft Crashes
- Man Hits Pedestrian, 3 Cars In Baltimore