Last Call: How Good Can The Orioles Be?
Buy Orioles Tickets
How good can the Orioles be? There are question marks about this team. Paul Severino (@SeverinoMLB) joined Zinno on “Last Call” to discuss the Birds. After acquiring Ubaldo Jimenez, the Orioles staff is certainly better, but Severino isn’t 100% sold on what Jimenez will bring to the rotation due to the inconsistency throughout his career.
The Birds still have a great lineup. But the question is can they produce the way they did last year? It’s hard to think that Chris Davis will hit 50 homeruns again, said Severino, but 30 home runs and 100 RBIs are very likely. The Orioles on paper may be a 4th or 5th place team in this division, but they surprised everyone two years ago and can certainly do it again in 2014.
Follow Zinno on Twitter @MarkZinno
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Pat Hughes Of Baseball Voices On Legendary Baltimore Announcer Chuck Thompson
- Steve Davis: So What Now For Chris Davis?
- Some Lucky Children Got To Attend Orioles’ Christmas Party
- Buck Showalter Thinks Chris Davis Has Been Approved For Adderall Use
- Roch Kubatko Was Not Surprised By The Lack Of Moves By The Orioles At The Winter Meetings