BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)— A couple has been arrested after police say they forced their way into the home of the woman’s former boyfriend.
Police say Corey Knapp, 23, and Kayla Baxter, 25, entered the home of Baxter’s ex-boyfriend around 12:30 a.m. Friday in the 200-block of 3rd Avenue.
Once inside, the couple began to argue with the occupants of the home. As they tried to force the suspects out of the home, Knapp pulled out a butcher knife and attempted to strike them with it.
After a brief struggle, both suspects were forced out the front door and they fled the area.
A short time later, the suspect vehicle was located in the 6000-block of Ritchie Highway. Both Knapp and Baxter were located and taken into custody without incident.
Knapp was found with a small amount of marijuana.
Baxter is charged with first-degree burglary and second-degree assault. Knapp is charged with first-degree assault, first-degree burglary, reckless endangerment and possession of marijuana.
Other Local News:
- Driver Involved In Fatal Tow Truck Crash Also Involved In 2009 Fatal Wreck
- Police: Infant Dies After Being ‘Tortured’ By Daycare Worker
- “Rock One Sock” Campaign Supports Missing Children
- Local Police Remind Public FBI Investigating Joyce Malecki Murder
- Rep. Cummings Has Medical Procedure Done At Johns Hopkins