BROOKLYN PARK, Md. (WJZ)— A couple has been arrested after police say they forced their way into the home of the woman’s former boyfriend.
Police say Corey Knapp, 23, and Kayla Baxter, 25, entered the home of Baxter’s ex-boyfriend around 12:30 a.m. Friday in the 200-block of 3rd Avenue.
Once inside, the couple began to argue with the occupants of the home. As they tried to force the suspects out of the home, Knapp pulled out a butcher knife and attempted to strike them with it.
After a brief struggle, both suspects were forced out the front door and they fled the area.
A short time later, the suspect vehicle was located in the 6000-block of Ritchie Highway. Both Knapp and Baxter were located and taken into custody without incident.
Knapp was found with a small amount of marijuana.
Baxter is charged with first-degree burglary and second-degree assault. Knapp is charged with first-degree assault, first-degree burglary, reckless endangerment and possession of marijuana.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Police Arrest ‘Shooting Spree’ Suspect After Pursuit Throughout City
- Fire Officials Release Cause Of Death In Fire That Killed Baltimore Mother, 2 Daughters
- Winter Weather Advisory In Effect Today
- Police Recover Loaded Gun, Shrooms From Baltimore Man
- Chiropractor Who Claimed Zero Income Convicted Of Tax Fraud