MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ)—Investigators are trying to determine the cause of an overnight fire that destroyed a barn near Mount Airy.
Just before 4 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters arrived in the 13600-block of Glissans Mill Road to find a 60’x60’ barn fully engulfed in fire.
The incident commander quickly requested additional water tankers because there was no public water system in the immediate area.
Approximately 50 firefighters were on the scene and the bulk of the fire was extinguished by 5:45 a.m.
The total loss was estimated at $500,000.
The cause and origin of the fire remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- 5 Dead Including Suspect At UK Parliament
- Baltimore Co. Officials Notified Of Intercepted Calls During Wiretap
- Police: Baltimore Man Suspected In Fatal NYC Stabbing; Says He Went To Kill Black Person
- Baltimore Co. Schools Reverse Policy On Heat Closures
- Firebombing Suspect Ordered Held Without Bail, Lawyer Says He Has Alibi