MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ)—Investigators are trying to determine the cause of an overnight fire that destroyed a barn near Mount Airy.
Just before 4 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters arrived in the 13600-block of Glissans Mill Road to find a 60’x60’ barn fully engulfed in fire.
The incident commander quickly requested additional water tankers because there was no public water system in the immediate area.
Approximately 50 firefighters were on the scene and the bulk of the fire was extinguished by 5:45 a.m.
The total loss was estimated at $500,000.
The cause and origin of the fire remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- $5 Million Study Set for New Chesapeake Bay Crossing
- Baltimore Co. Board of Ed. Changes Air Conditioning Policy
- Guilty Plea For Parkville Man Who Videotaped Young Girls At Swim Meets
- USDA to Reopen Offices Closed After Email Threats
- ‘Preservation Resource Center’ Aims to Assist Ellicott City Flood Victims