Barn Near Mount Airy Destroyed In Overnight Fire
Get Breaking News First
MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ)—Investigators are trying to determine the cause of an overnight fire that destroyed a barn near Mount Airy.
Just before 4 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters arrived in the 13600-block of Glissans Mill Road to find a 60’x60’ barn fully engulfed in fire.
The incident commander quickly requested additional water tankers because there was no public water system in the immediate area.
Approximately 50 firefighters were on the scene and the bulk of the fire was extinguished by 5:45 a.m.
The total loss was estimated at $500,000.
The cause and origin of the fire remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Dulles Stepping Up Screenings To Keep Ebola Out Of The U.S.
- City Police Trying To Expand Eyes On The Streets With New Program
- Hillary Clinton Rallies Voters For Anthony Brown In College Park
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With $90K Bribery Scheme, Money Laundering
- Man Struck In Annapolis Taken To Hospital With Serious Injuries