MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ)—Investigators are trying to determine the cause of an overnight fire that destroyed a barn near Mount Airy.
Just before 4 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters arrived in the 13600-block of Glissans Mill Road to find a 60’x60’ barn fully engulfed in fire.
The incident commander quickly requested additional water tankers because there was no public water system in the immediate area.
Approximately 50 firefighters were on the scene and the bulk of the fire was extinguished by 5:45 a.m.
The total loss was estimated at $500,000.
The cause and origin of the fire remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Medical Students Helping Baltimore Community
- Congressman Elijah Cummings And Other Lawmakers Attend Town Hall On Tax Overhaul
- Kids Safe Zone To Help Provide Thanksgiving Dinner For 400
- Baltimore Detective Was Shot With His Own Gun, Scheduled To Testify Against Indicted Cops
- Brick-And-Mortar Stores Attempt To Entice Customers Amid Cyber Deals