MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ)—Investigators are trying to determine the cause of an overnight fire that destroyed a barn near Mount Airy.
Just before 4 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters arrived in the 13600-block of Glissans Mill Road to find a 60’x60’ barn fully engulfed in fire.
The incident commander quickly requested additional water tankers because there was no public water system in the immediate area.
Approximately 50 firefighters were on the scene and the bulk of the fire was extinguished by 5:45 a.m.
The total loss was estimated at $500,000.
The cause and origin of the fire remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Rod Rosenstein Confirmed As Deputy Attorney General
- Firefighters Still At Massive Fire Scene in College Park
- Four Teens Arrested For Stealing Dirt Bikes In Ellicott City
- City Officer Shot In Line Of Duty While Protecting Partner, Awarded Congressional Badge of Bravery
- Ray Lewis’ 28 Acre Reisterstown Estate Up For Sale