MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ)—Investigators are trying to determine the cause of an overnight fire that destroyed a barn near Mount Airy.
Just before 4 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters arrived in the 13600-block of Glissans Mill Road to find a 60’x60’ barn fully engulfed in fire.
The incident commander quickly requested additional water tankers because there was no public water system in the immediate area.
Approximately 50 firefighters were on the scene and the bulk of the fire was extinguished by 5:45 a.m.
The total loss was estimated at $500,000.
The cause and origin of the fire remains under investigation.
Other Local News:
- Md. Attorney General Signs Off On Giant, Food Lion Merger
- Report: State Indicates Possible Appeal In New Trial for Adnan Syed
- Restaurant That Served Driver Who Killed Noah Leotta Forfeits License
- State Faces Hurdle in Trial of 5th Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Case
- Police: Man Found Shot in Head on Patapsco Ave. ‘Critical’