WHITE MARSH, Md. (WJZ) — A 2-year-old was injured by debris after police say someone fired shots into a van in Baltimore County.
It happened around 10:30 p.m. Monday in Overlea near Kenwood and McCormick Avenues.
Police say a Dodge minivan was stopped at a traffic light on northbound Kenwood Avenue at Lillian Holt Drive.
Police say a dark-colored vehicle pulled up next to the van and someone fired several shots into the minivan. That vehicle then fled the scene.
There were four passengers in the vehicle, including a 40-year-old woman, two teens and a 2-year-old.
The 2-year-old girl was hit in the face and head by shrapnel. She was taken to the hospital and is expected to be OK. No one else was hurt.
Police believe this was not a random incident.
If you have any information, call police at 410-887-6286 or 410-307-2020. You can also call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP.
Stay with CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Police Search For Man Who Sexually Assaulted Teenage Girl On Baltimore Street
- Lead Prosecutors To Break Silence On Freddie Gray Case
- Charges Dropped Against All Remaining Officers In Freddie Gray Case
- Baltimore County Police Search For Missing 79-Year-Old Man
- Hundreds Pack City Council Hearing On Port Covington Project