BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Monday, the United States marked an anniversary that originated right here in Baltimore: National Anthem Day.
On March 3, 1931, President Herbert Hoover designated “The Star-Spangled Banner” as our official National Anthem.
It was written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812 when we saw the flag flying over Fort McHenry during the British attack on Baltimore.
Other Local News:
- Twitter Wipes Out More Than 100K Accounts Linked To ISIS
- Health Officials Expect Zika Virus Could Eventually Reach Md.
- O’Malley Formally Withdraws From Md. Ballot
- Lawyer: ‘Serial’ Defense Crippled By Omission Of Witness
- Report: Prosecutors Intend To Appeal Judge’s Decision To Not Force Porter To Testify