National Anthem Day Marks An Anniversary That Started In Baltimore
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Monday, the United States marked an anniversary that originated right here in Baltimore: National Anthem Day.
On March 3, 1931, President Herbert Hoover designated “The Star-Spangled Banner” as our official National Anthem.
It was written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812 when we saw the flag flying over Fort McHenry during the British attack on Baltimore.
Other Local News:
- Remains Found Confirmed To Be Missing UVa. Student Hannah Graham
- Parachute Deployed In Frederick Air Collision Likely Saved Lives
- Dallas Nurse Declared Ebola-Free, Released From NIH
- Disturbing Video Shows 17-Year-Old Beaten By Gang Of Girls
- NTSB: Probe Into Triple Fatal Frederick County Aircraft Crash Will Take A Year