National Anthem Day Marks An Anniversary That Started In Baltimore
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Monday, the United States marked an anniversary that originated right here in Baltimore: National Anthem Day.
On March 3, 1931, President Herbert Hoover designated “The Star-Spangled Banner” as our official National Anthem.
It was written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812 when we saw the flag flying over Fort McHenry during the British attack on Baltimore.
Other Local News:
- Emails Highlight Chaos Behind-The-Scenes During Baltimore Unrest
- Police In West Baltimore Shoot Man After Hitting Officer With His Car
- Baltimore City Police Announce Several Arrests In Recent Murder Cases
- Body Of Missing 18-Year-Old Found In Anne Arundel County
- Bald Is Beautiful: Larry Hogan Sports New Look Post-Chemo