National Anthem Day Marks An Anniversary That Started In Baltimore
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Monday, the United States marked an anniversary that originated right here in Baltimore: National Anthem Day.
On March 3, 1931, President Herbert Hoover designated “The Star-Spangled Banner” as our official National Anthem.
It was written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812 when we saw the flag flying over Fort McHenry during the British attack on Baltimore.
Other Local News:
- Mayor Cuts The Ribbon On Baltimore City’s 1st New Rec Center In 10 Years
- Gov. O’Malley Talks Immigration With Faith Leaders
- Boyfriend Of Missing North Point Woman Arrested On Weapons Violation
- Man Arrested After Family Member Reports Large Quantity Of Marijuana In Shed
- 4 Wounded In Separate Shootings In Baltimore City