National Anthem Day Marks An Anniversary That Started In Baltimore
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Monday, the United States marked an anniversary that originated right here in Baltimore: National Anthem Day.
On March 3, 1931, President Herbert Hoover designated “The Star-Spangled Banner” as our official National Anthem.
It was written by Francis Scott Key during the War of 1812 when we saw the flag flying over Fort McHenry during the British attack on Baltimore.
Other Local News:
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With $90K Bribery Scheme, Money Laundering
- City Police Trying To Expand Eyes On The Streets With New Program
- Investigation Continues Into Cause Of NASA Rocket Explosion Near Md. Line
- Hillary Clinton Rallies Voters For Anthony Brown In College Park
- City Police Remind Sex Offenders Of Rules Ahead Of Halloween