GAMBRILLS, Md. (WJZ) — A routine traffic stop leads to a major drug bust in Anne Arundel County.
Officers pulled over Phillip Ponta, 24, for speeding in Gambrills on MD Route 3 south at MD Route 175.
They then learned he was driving with a suspended license and registration and that there were open containers of alcohol in the car.
Upon further inspection, officers discovered nine capsules of suspected heroin, 21 capsules of suspected crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia both on Ponta and inside the vehicle.
He now faces a number of charges, including possession with intent to distribute.
A 58-year-old passenger was also arrested on drug charges.
Other Local News:
- Gov. Larry Hogan Officially Signs Papers For Re-Election
- 1,000th Chick Of Endangered Penguin Species Hatches At Maryland Zoo
- ESPN, Under Armour Want To Turn Vacant Baltimore Lots Into Spaces For Play
- Maryland Officials Preparing For Spotted Lanternfly Invasion
- Bill: Students Could Use Sunscreen Without Doctor’s Note