GAMBRILLS, Md. (WJZ) — A routine traffic stop leads to a major drug bust in Anne Arundel County.
Officers pulled over Phillip Ponta, 24, for speeding in Gambrills on MD Route 3 south at MD Route 175.
They then learned he was driving with a suspended license and registration and that there were open containers of alcohol in the car.
Upon further inspection, officers discovered nine capsules of suspected heroin, 21 capsules of suspected crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia both on Ponta and inside the vehicle.
He now faces a number of charges, including possession with intent to distribute.
A 58-year-old passenger was also arrested on drug charges.
Other Local News:
- Multiple People Injured In Separate Harford County School Bus Crashes
- Moment Of Reflection To Be Held For Slain College Student
- 3 More Arrested In Manchester; Attacker’s Libya Ties Probed
- ‘We Can Use Peace’: Trump And Pope Francis Meet
- Could A Glass Of Wine Or Beer A Day Increase Your Chance Of Breast Cancer?