GAMBRILLS, Md. (WJZ) — A routine traffic stop leads to a major drug bust in Anne Arundel County.
Officers pulled over Phillip Ponta, 24, for speeding in Gambrills on MD Route 3 south at MD Route 175.
They then learned he was driving with a suspended license and registration and that there were open containers of alcohol in the car.
Upon further inspection, officers discovered nine capsules of suspected heroin, 21 capsules of suspected crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia both on Ponta and inside the vehicle.
He now faces a number of charges, including possession with intent to distribute.
A 58-year-old passenger was also arrested on drug charges.
Other Local News:
- Ocean City Gets A Number Of New Attractions This Year
- Suspect Who Gunned Down Woman Sought By Baltimore Police
- Judge Sentences 2 Md. Men to 50 Years for Motel Slaying
- Girl, 13, Suffers Graze Wound to Head; 3 Others Injured In Overnight Shootings
- Md. Teacher Charged With Illegal Sexual Contact With Student