Traffic Stop Leads To Major Drug Bust In Anne Arundel County
GAMBRILLS, Md. (WJZ) — A routine traffic stop leads to a major drug bust in Anne Arundel County.
Officers pulled over Phillip Ponta, 24, for speeding in Gambrills on MD Route 3 south at MD Route 175.
They then learned he was driving with a suspended license and registration and that there were open containers of alcohol in the car.
Upon further inspection, officers discovered nine capsules of suspected heroin, 21 capsules of suspected crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia both on Ponta and inside the vehicle.
He now faces a number of charges, including possession with intent to distribute.
A 58-year-old passenger was also arrested on drug charges.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Business Damaged In Riots Reopens 4 Months Later
- Teen Charged With Raping 9-Year-Old Girl At State Fair
- 4-Year-Old Dies In Baltimore Apartment Fire; 3 Others Hospitalized
- New Blood Test Can Reveal Breast Cancer Well Before Tumor Grows
- Md. Org. Calling For Stricter Gun Laws After Tragic TV Shooting