Traffic Stop Leads To Major Drug Bust In Anne Arundel County
GAMBRILLS, Md. (WJZ) — A routine traffic stop leads to a major drug bust in Anne Arundel County.
Officers pulled over Phillip Ponta, 24, for speeding in Gambrills on MD Route 3 south at MD Route 175.
They then learned he was driving with a suspended license and registration and that there were open containers of alcohol in the car.
Upon further inspection, officers discovered nine capsules of suspected heroin, 21 capsules of suspected crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia both on Ponta and inside the vehicle.
He now faces a number of charges, including possession with intent to distribute.
A 58-year-old passenger was also arrested on drug charges.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Health Dept. Confirms 12-Month-Old Does Not Have Measles
- Bail Reduced For Ohio Rabbi Accused Of Sexually Abusing Md. Girl
- Police Investigating Accident, Commercial Vehicle Into Home
- State Approves Slots Reductions At Maryland Live, Horseshoe
- Cal Ripken Jr. Visits Md. School After Students’ Social Media Campaign