GAMBRILLS, Md. (WJZ) — A routine traffic stop leads to a major drug bust in Anne Arundel County.
Officers pulled over Phillip Ponta, 24, for speeding in Gambrills on MD Route 3 south at MD Route 175.
They then learned he was driving with a suspended license and registration and that there were open containers of alcohol in the car.
Upon further inspection, officers discovered nine capsules of suspected heroin, 21 capsules of suspected crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia both on Ponta and inside the vehicle.
He now faces a number of charges, including possession with intent to distribute.
A 58-year-old passenger was also arrested on drug charges.
Other Local News:
- Vandals Knock Over 24 Headstones At Maryland Cemetery
- Stairwell Collapses At Towson University’s Union Parking Garage
- Officer Fires Shot At Robbery Suspects After Citizen Alerts Police To Crime
- Man Said To Be Riding On Friend’s Car Dies From Injuries
- Police Investigating After Man Found Dead Near Leon Day Park