GAMBRILLS, Md. (WJZ) — A routine traffic stop leads to a major drug bust in Anne Arundel County.
Officers pulled over Phillip Ponta, 24, for speeding in Gambrills on MD Route 3 south at MD Route 175.
They then learned he was driving with a suspended license and registration and that there were open containers of alcohol in the car.
Upon further inspection, officers discovered nine capsules of suspected heroin, 21 capsules of suspected crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia both on Ponta and inside the vehicle.
He now faces a number of charges, including possession with intent to distribute.
A 58-year-old passenger was also arrested on drug charges.
Other Local News:
- Judge: Freddie Gray Jurors Won’t Be Sequestered During 1st Trial
- New Poll Shows Voters Divided When It Comes To Blame For Baltimore Unrest
- Turkey Farm Attracts Hundreds Of Customers Seeking The Perfect Bird
- Student ‘Fighting For His Life’ After Stabbing At Renaissance Academy
- Retirement Community Stuffs Stockings For Needy Families