ODENTON, Md. (WJZ)—A three-alarm apartment fire heavily damages an apartment building in Anne Arundel County.
Captain Jeff Long reports the fire started just after 10 a.m. in the 2100-block of Peaceful Way in Odenton.
Officials say when firefighters arrived heavy smoke was showing from the third floor and common attic space of the building.
It took 68 members from Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Howard County and Fort Meade Fire Departments three hours to bring the fire under control.
The apartment building, which contains 25 to 30 apartments, was evacuated. No one was hurt.
The exact cause remains under investigation and there’s no estimate of damage at this time. The building was not equipped with a fire sprinkler system.
The Red Cross is on the scene.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for more on these developing stories.
Other Local News:
- Light, Music And Innovation Await Light City Visitors In Final Days
- Howard Co. Program Provides Funding For Low-Income Families To Afford Youth Sports
- Cal Ripken Jr.’s $12.5M Estate Up For Auction
- Gov. Hogan Calls For New Highway Contract
- Apparent Assault At Md. High School Leads To Disciplinary Actions