ODENTON, Md. (WJZ)—A three-alarm apartment fire heavily damages an apartment building in Anne Arundel County.
Captain Jeff Long reports the fire started just after 10 a.m. in the 2100-block of Peaceful Way in Odenton.
Officials say when firefighters arrived heavy smoke was showing from the third floor and common attic space of the building.
It took 68 members from Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Howard County and Fort Meade Fire Departments three hours to bring the fire under control.
The apartment building, which contains 25 to 30 apartments, was evacuated. No one was hurt.
The exact cause remains under investigation and there’s no estimate of damage at this time. The building was not equipped with a fire sprinkler system.
The Red Cross is on the scene.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for more on these developing stories.
Other Local News:
- Police: Possible Threat Made By Harford Co. Student ‘Unfounded’
- Mayor, Police Commissioner Respond To Baltimore Being Named Nation’s Most Dangerous City
- Frustrated Homeowners Attend FAA Round Table On BWI Flight Patterns
- Police: Guns, List Of Grievances Found At Home Of Teen Who Brought Gun To Md. School
- Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Reigniting Debate In Maryland