ODENTON, Md. (WJZ)—A three-alarm apartment fire heavily damages an apartment building in Anne Arundel County.
Captain Jeff Long reports the fire started just after 10 a.m. in the 2100-block of Peaceful Way in Odenton.
Officials say when firefighters arrived heavy smoke was showing from the third floor and common attic space of the building.
It took 68 members from Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Howard County and Fort Meade Fire Departments three hours to bring the fire under control.
The apartment building, which contains 25 to 30 apartments, was evacuated. No one was hurt.
The exact cause remains under investigation and there’s no estimate of damage at this time. The building was not equipped with a fire sprinkler system.
The Red Cross is on the scene.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for more on these developing stories.
Other Local News:
- Police Investigating Puppy Abuse Case After Dog Was Left For Dead
- Baby Found Inside Car At Scene Of Fatal Shooting
- Mayor, Governor, Work To Close City Schools Multi-Million Dollar Budget Gap
- Md. Bill Would Punish Left Lane Lingering With Fine Up To $250
- ICE: Rape Suspect’s Father Arrested After Immigration Review