3-Alarm Fire Heavily Damages Odenton Apartment Building
ODENTON, Md. (WJZ)—A three-alarm apartment fire heavily damages an apartment building in Anne Arundel County.
Captain Jeff Long reports the fire started just after 10 a.m. in the 2100-block of Peaceful Way in Odenton.
Officials say when firefighters arrived heavy smoke was showing from the third floor and common attic space of the building.
It took 68 members from Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Howard County and Fort Meade Fire Departments three hours to bring the fire under control.
The apartment building, which contains 25 to 30 apartments, was evacuated. No one was hurt.
The exact cause remains under investigation and there’s no estimate of damage at this time. The building was not equipped with a fire sprinkler system.
The Red Cross is on the scene.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for more on these developing stories.
Other Local News:
- Molly Shattuck Will Not Face Additional Charges In Baltimore County
- Travelers, Be Wary Of Scammers At The Pump This Labor Day Weekend
- 10-Year-Old Latest Victim Of Bloody Summer For Baltimore Youth
- 2 Dulaney High School Students Shot By Pellet Gun Running Cross Country
- Mistrial Declared For Man Accused Of Shooting Off-Duty Officer