HANOVER, Md. (WJZ) — A heavy police presence is reported at Arundel Mills Mall.
There were early reports of shots fired at the Cinemark movie theater, but that hasn’t been confirmed.
Right now, police say there are no injuries related to gunfire and there is no evidence of a shooting.
At this point, authorities say fireworks are being explored as a possibility.
“There are no injuries as a result of any types of shots being fired,” said Lt. T.J. Smith, Anne Arundel County Police. “But I think in the pandemonium there are a couple of people that sustained what appear to be bumps and bruises right now.”
Numerous officers responded as a precaution in light of the deadly shooting at the Mall in Columbia in January.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Police ID Man In Perry Hall Fight Video In Which He Appears To Have Gun
- Marylanders Join Protesters Across The World In Women’s March
- Fire Crews Fight House Fire In West Baltimore, Save Cat
- BWI Continues To See Record Number Of Passengers; Adds Boost To Local Economy
- Baltimore Police Injures 1 Of 3 Suspects In Overnight Shooting; 2 Apprehended