HANOVER, Md. (WJZ) — A heavy police presence is reported at Arundel Mills Mall.
There were early reports of shots fired at the Cinemark movie theater, but that hasn’t been confirmed.
Right now, police say there are no injuries related to gunfire and there is no evidence of a shooting.
At this point, authorities say fireworks are being explored as a possibility.
“There are no injuries as a result of any types of shots being fired,” said Lt. T.J. Smith, Anne Arundel County Police. “But I think in the pandemonium there are a couple of people that sustained what appear to be bumps and bruises right now.”
Numerous officers responded as a precaution in light of the deadly shooting at the Mall in Columbia in January.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Man Charged In Recent Annapolis Murder Now Charged In Similar 4-Year-Old Case
- Gov. Hogan Expected To Mandate Md. School Year Begin After Labor Day
- Police: Months After Barricade With Deputies, Baltimore County Cop Found Dead In Home
- Military Helicopter Makes Emergency Landing at Md. School
- Playing With Sports Concussion Doubles Recovery Time: Study