Police Investigate Reports Of Shots Fired At Arundel Mills Mall
HANOVER, Md. (WJZ) — A heavy police presence is reported at Arundel Mills Mall.
There were early reports of shots fired at the Cinemark movie theater, but that hasn’t been confirmed.
Right now, police say there are no injuries related to gunfire and there is no evidence of a shooting.
At this point, authorities say fireworks are being explored as a possibility.
“There are no injuries as a result of any types of shots being fired,” said Lt. T.J. Smith, Anne Arundel County Police. “But I think in the pandemonium there are a couple of people that sustained what appear to be bumps and bruises right now.”
Numerous officers responded as a precaution in light of the deadly shooting at the Mall in Columbia in January.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- 8 Officers & 6 Detainees Injured In Baltimore Incident
- Live TV Killings Sparking New Calls For Gun Control Reform
- Baltimore Police Cancel Leave For Officers During Freddie Gray Hearings
- State Looking Into O’Malley’s Discount Purchase Of Furniture
- Ride Operator Found Dead In Trailer At Maryland State Fair