HANOVER, Md. (WJZ) — A heavy police presence is reported at Arundel Mills Mall.
There were early reports of shots fired at the Cinemark movie theater, but that hasn’t been confirmed.
Right now, police say there are no injuries related to gunfire and there is no evidence of a shooting.
At this point, authorities say fireworks are being explored as a possibility.
“There are no injuries as a result of any types of shots being fired,” said Lt. T.J. Smith, Anne Arundel County Police. “But I think in the pandemonium there are a couple of people that sustained what appear to be bumps and bruises right now.”
Numerous officers responded as a precaution in light of the deadly shooting at the Mall in Columbia in January.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- State Asks Marylanders to Take Challenge And ‘Buy Local’ For A Week
- Woman Stabbed, Man Shot During Baltimore Domestic Incident, Police Say
- 3 Firefighters Injured, Dog Dies In Temple Hills Fire
- Gov. Hogan ‘Hair BobbleHead’ Winner of Bowie Baysox’s ‘Bobblection’
- 19 Injured In AACo. RTA Bus Collision, Police Say