DUNDALK, Md. (WJZ)–The young girl found safe in South Carolina following a nationwide search has been reunited with her twin sister Sunday night.
That’s according to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun.
Family members say 11-year-old Caitlyn Virts and her twin sister, Cayla, are back together in the care of Baltimore County social services workers.
Caitlyn was found alive and unharmed with her father, Timothy Virts, at a motel in Florence, S.C.
Virts was taken into custody.
He faces a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of the twins’ mother, Bobbie Jo Cortez. He will be extradited to Maryland.
Other Local News:
- Firefighters Rescue Cat Trapped Inside Burning NE Baltimore Home
- Rescuers Free Driver Trapped in Car After Rollover Baltimore Co. Crash
- Police: Man Fatally Shot by Trooper Had Lighter, Not Gun
- Baltimore Police Issue New Use of Force Guidelines
- Maryland Citizens, Leaders Call For Congressional Action On Gun Control