DUNDALK, Md. (WJZ)–The young girl found safe in South Carolina following a nationwide search has been reunited with her twin sister Sunday night.
That’s according to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun.
Family members say 11-year-old Caitlyn Virts and her twin sister, Cayla, are back together in the care of Baltimore County social services workers.
Caitlyn was found alive and unharmed with her father, Timothy Virts, at a motel in Florence, S.C.
Virts was taken into custody.
He faces a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of the twins’ mother, Bobbie Jo Cortez. He will be extradited to Maryland.
Other Local News:
- Gospel Singer Cheryl Fortune Opens Up About Surviving Domestic Abuse
- Police: Armed Suspect Took $26 During Robbery Before Being Shot By Officer
- Teens Encouraged To Avoid Texting, Alcohol Consumption For Safe Driving
- Family Of Man Murdered At Hopkins Hospital Wonders If It Could Have Been Prevented
- Md. Woman Shot In Las Vegas Recovering At Johns Hopkins