DUNDALK, Md. (WJZ)–The young girl found safe in South Carolina following a nationwide search has been reunited with her twin sister Sunday night.
That’s according to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun.
Family members say 11-year-old Caitlyn Virts and her twin sister, Cayla, are back together in the care of Baltimore County social services workers.
Caitlyn was found alive and unharmed with her father, Timothy Virts, at a motel in Florence, S.C.
Virts was taken into custody.
He faces a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of the twins’ mother, Bobbie Jo Cortez. He will be extradited to Maryland.
Other Local News:
- Police: Shoplifting Family Affair At Babies R Us Ends In Car Chase
- Church Nursery Volunteer Charged, Girl Says He Touched Her During Mass
- BPD Looking For Next Of Kin For Man Found Dead In Vacant Home
- Police: Abingdon Man Charged For Pointing Gun At Vehicle In ‘Road Rage Incident’
- Several Transported To Hospitals After Limo Crash In Havre de Grace