DUNDALK, Md. (WJZ)–The young girl found safe in South Carolina following a nationwide search has been reunited with her twin sister Sunday night.
That’s according to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun.
Family members say 11-year-old Caitlyn Virts and her twin sister, Cayla, are back together in the care of Baltimore County social services workers.
Caitlyn was found alive and unharmed with her father, Timothy Virts, at a motel in Florence, S.C.
Virts was taken into custody.
He faces a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of the twins’ mother, Bobbie Jo Cortez. He will be extradited to Maryland.
Other Local News:
- Henrietta Lacks’s Family Aims Bring Attention To Cervical Health Awareness Month
- Rep. Anthony Brown To Skip Inauguration; Cites ‘Verbal Attack’ On John Lewis
- Thousands Take Part In Baltimore’s 17th Annual MLK Day Parade
- Md. Man Arrested For Pointing Laser At MSP Helicopter
- TwirlTasTix Twirling Team Will Be Part Of Inauguration Festivities