DUNDALK, Md. (WJZ)–The young girl found safe in South Carolina following a nationwide search has been reunited with her twin sister Sunday night.
That’s according to WJZ’s media partner, The Baltimore Sun.
Family members say 11-year-old Caitlyn Virts and her twin sister, Cayla, are back together in the care of Baltimore County social services workers.
Caitlyn was found alive and unharmed with her father, Timothy Virts, at a motel in Florence, S.C.
Virts was taken into custody.
He faces a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of the twins’ mother, Bobbie Jo Cortez. He will be extradited to Maryland.
Other Local News:
- Woman Stabbed, Man Shot During Baltimore Domestic Incident, Police Say
- Baltimore Police Searching for Missing 13-year-old
- Suspect Opens Fire On Off-Duty Maryland Sheriff, Authorities Say
- Baltimore Co. Police Investigating Death of 20-year-old in Dundalk
- Report Says Prison Spending Outpacing Education Budget