LOTHIAN, Md. (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County fire officials say children playing with matches sparked a barn fire.
It happened Saturday in the 5900-block of Talbot Road in Lothian.
Fire crews found a 30 by 40 foot barn fully engulfed in flames with fire extending to a trailer parked next to the barn.
It took 30 firefighters approximately 10 minutes to bring the fire under control. Two boys, ages 10 and 12, suffered minor injuries and were treated on scene.
The blaze did an estimated $10,000 in damage. Investigators say the cause of the fire was the result of the two children playing with matches.
Neither was charged in the incident.
Other Local News:
- 5 Dead Including Suspect At UK Parliament
- Baltimore Co. Officials Notified Of Intercepted Calls During Wiretap
- Police: Baltimore Man Suspected In Fatal NYC Stabbing; Says He Went To Kill Black Person
- Baltimore Co. Schools Reverse Policy On Heat Closures
- Firebombing Suspect Ordered Held Without Bail, Lawyer Says He Has Alibi