LOTHIAN, Md. (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County fire officials say children playing with matches sparked a barn fire.
It happened Saturday in the 5900-block of Talbot Road in Lothian.
Fire crews found a 30 by 40 foot barn fully engulfed in flames with fire extending to a trailer parked next to the barn.
It took 30 firefighters approximately 10 minutes to bring the fire under control. Two boys, ages 10 and 12, suffered minor injuries and were treated on scene.
The blaze did an estimated $10,000 in damage. Investigators say the cause of the fire was the result of the two children playing with matches.
Neither was charged in the incident.
Other Local News:
- Jury Finds Teen Not Guilty Of 1st-Degree Murder In Bowers Case
- Search Continues For Gunman In Deadly N.W. Baltimore Shooting
- Baltimore Police Officer Charged With Assault, Misconduct
- Students Who Pricked Classmates At Fallston High To Be Charged As A Juvenile
- Police: City Councilwoman Attacked In City Garage