LOTHIAN, Md. (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County fire officials say children playing with matches sparked a barn fire.
It happened Saturday in the 5900-block of Talbot Road in Lothian.
Fire crews found a 30 by 40 foot barn fully engulfed in flames with fire extending to a trailer parked next to the barn.
It took 30 firefighters approximately 10 minutes to bring the fire under control. Two boys, ages 10 and 12, suffered minor injuries and were treated on scene.
The blaze did an estimated $10,000 in damage. Investigators say the cause of the fire was the result of the two children playing with matches.
Neither was charged in the incident.
Other Local News:
- Girl Shot In The Head At Md. High School Dies After Being Taken Off Life Support
- Toys ‘R’ Us Gift Cards? Registry? Layaway? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Body Found In Western Maryland ID’d As Missing NJ Man, Last Seen In August
- Rare $1,000 Bill Is Sold For $960,000 At Baltimore Auction
- New Starbucks “Crystal Ball Frappuccino” Available