Fire Officials: Barn Fire Started By Children Playing With Matches
LOTHIAN, Md. (WJZ)– Anne Arundel County fire officials say children playing with matches sparked a barn fire.
It happened Saturday in the 5900-block of Talbot Road in Lothian.
Fire crews found a 30 by 40 foot barn fully engulfed in flames with fire extending to a trailer parked next to the barn.
It took 30 firefighters approximately 10 minutes to bring the fire under control. Two boys, ages 10 and 12, suffered minor injuries and were treated on scene.
The blaze did an estimated $10,000 in damage. Investigators say the cause of the fire was the result of the two children playing with matches.
Neither was charged in the incident.
Other Local News:
- 9-Year-Old Boy Dies From Beating Over Birthday Cake
- Baltimore Police Announce Series Of Arrests In Shootings, Homicides
- Community Leaders Hope To Revive City Post Riots With ‘The Baltimore Act’
- Hogan Administration Adds $1 Million In Funding For Youth Jobs Program
- Marylanders Thrilled By US Victory In World Cup