JOPPA, Md. (WJZ) — A Harford County man was injured in a flash fire Monday afternoon.
According to police, Todd Smith was drilling a gasoline tank at Maryland Used Auto Parts on Pulaski Highway in Joppa when a spark ignited fuel vapors and it caused a flash fire.
Smith was treated at the scene and transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The investigation showed several fire code violations. Officials say the business was operating without proper licensing and is now closed until further notice.
Damage is estimated at $10,000.
No other injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- First Warning WX: Tropical Depression Could Bring Large Swells Along Coast
- White House Task Force Working to Benefit Baltimore City
- Spirit of Baltimore Crashes Into Pier In Fells Point; 447 People Aboard
- Man Driving Without License Plate Arrested; Police Recover Loaded Gun
- Another Record-setting Month for BWI Airport