JOPPA, Md. (WJZ) — A Harford County man was injured in a flash fire Monday afternoon.
According to police, Todd Smith was drilling a gasoline tank at Maryland Used Auto Parts on Pulaski Highway in Joppa when a spark ignited fuel vapors and it caused a flash fire.
Smith was treated at the scene and transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The investigation showed several fire code violations. Officials say the business was operating without proper licensing and is now closed until further notice.
Damage is estimated at $10,000.
No other injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Suspect In Custody After Neighbor Reportedly Hears Loud Sound, Bomb Squad Investigating
- Community Comes Together To Support Bartender Shot On Christmas Day
- ‘This Generation’s Tobacco Product’: New Ad Campaign Challenges Sugary Drinks
- Baltimore Tattoo Museum Raises Over $12K For BARCS With “Tats For Tails”
- Authorities Searching For Man Who Walked Away From House Arrest