JOPPA, Md. (WJZ) — A Harford County man was injured in a flash fire Monday afternoon.
According to police, Todd Smith was drilling a gasoline tank at Maryland Used Auto Parts on Pulaski Highway in Joppa when a spark ignited fuel vapors and it caused a flash fire.
Smith was treated at the scene and transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The investigation showed several fire code violations. Officials say the business was operating without proper licensing and is now closed until further notice.
Damage is estimated at $10,000.
No other injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Person Of Interest in Custody In SW Baltimore Double Shooting
- State Faces Hurdle in Trial of 5th Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Case
- Ravens John Urschel Crunches Numbers With Baltimore Co. Students During Off Season
- Hospitals On Alert As Dangerous Heat Wave Scorches Maryland
- Baltimore Police Looking For Missing 79-Year-Old Man