Man Injured During Harford County Flash Fire
Get Breaking News First
JOPPA, Md. (WJZ) — A Harford County man was injured in a flash fire Monday afternoon.
According to police, Todd Smith was drilling a gasoline tank at Maryland Used Auto Parts on Pulaski Highway in Joppa when a spark ignited fuel vapors and it caused a flash fire.
Smith was treated at the scene and transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The investigation showed several fire code violations. Officials say the business was operating without proper licensing and is now closed until further notice.
Damage is estimated at $10,000.
No other injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Ravens’ O.J. Brigance, Diagnosed With ALS, Takes The Ice Bucket Challenge
- Maryland State Fair Is Officially Underway
- Several Businesses Evacuated As Crews Investigate Building Fire
- Man Charged With DUI After Leading O.C. Police In High-Speed Chase
- Social Worker Who Counsels Teens Faces Child Porn Charges