JOPPA, Md. (WJZ) — A Harford County man was injured in a flash fire Monday afternoon.
According to police, Todd Smith was drilling a gasoline tank at Maryland Used Auto Parts on Pulaski Highway in Joppa when a spark ignited fuel vapors and it caused a flash fire.
Smith was treated at the scene and transported to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The investigation showed several fire code violations. Officials say the business was operating without proper licensing and is now closed until further notice.
Damage is estimated at $10,000.
No other injuries were reported.
Other Local News:
- Noodles & Co. Reveals 26 Md. Locations Exposed To Data Breach
- Ospreys Displaced By Lightning Strike Moving Into New Home
- Baltimore Man Charged With Attempted Murder in Dice Game Shooting
- Firefighters Rescue Cat Trapped Inside Burning NE Baltimore Home
- Rescuers Free Driver Trapped in Car After Rollover Baltimore Co. Crash