No, I don’t think so.
Now, if they win the ACC tournament, then they will obviously. But, even with the win over Virginia, I still don’t think a couple wins in the ACC tourney will get them in. They don’t have enough signature wins and their strength of schedule isn’t impressive. Plus, I don’t think they have a run in them. They’re a mediocre team that doesn’t play smart and frankly, isn’t all that talented.
That was a really good win over Virginia. I also thought it was an important win. It prevented them from finishing with a losing record in the conference, which is ok for recruiting and good for their collective egos.
I thought it was a class move to not only start his senior walk-on Auslander, but then also not to pull him after the first whistle, but to let him play 4 or 5 minutes.
Seth Allen is impressive as a scorer. I still can’t figure out why it takes Dez Wells so long to get going. He had 16 of his 18 in the second half. Jake Layman was clutch at the line, but I think he regressed this year.
I hope their recruiting class is as good as advertised, because the returning players just don’t have me all that jazzed up.
Related Stories – Maryland Terrapins:
- The Norris & Long Show Best Of – Week Of June 24th
- Huerter Named To USA U19 World Cup Team
- Keith Cavanaugh: “It’s Never Too Early To Get Excited For Terps Basketball And Football”
- The Norris & Long Show Best Of – Week Of June 17th
- Wayback Wednesday: Former Terps Point Guard And NBA Player Greivis Vasquez