CROWNSVILLE, Md. (WJZ)— Anne Arundel County Police are investigating a homicide in Crownsville.
Around 6 a.m. Wednesday, officers responded to the 1100-block of Honeysuckle Lane in for a report of an unoccupied taxi minivan. The caller advised that the vehicle appeared suspicious and the meter was running.
Officers found blood inside of the vehicle along with other signs of a struggle. There was no one in the immediate area of the vehicle.
In an extensive search, officers found the body of 41-year-old Benjamin Delano Kirby Jr., of Annapolis, suffering from upper body trauma on a driveway near the intersection of Honeysuckle Lane and Generals Highway.
No motive has been established and it is unknown if this was a random or targeted incident.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Metro Crime Stoppers or the Anne Arundel County Police Homicide Unit at 410-222-3566.
Other Local News:
- DuPont Family Trust Lawsuit Moved from Maryland to Delaware
- Hampden Community Holds Vigil for New York Man Killed by Baltimore Man
- Orioles Season Ticket-Holders Get First Dibs at Seats at Tag Day
- BPD ID’d Officer Who Shot & Killed Man; Held 2 Toddlers at Knife-point
- Women’s History Month Rally Held In Annapolis