Glen Burnie Teen Charged With Assault & Robbery Of 89-Year-Old Man
Get Breaking News First
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—A teen is charged with two assault & robbery cases in Anne Arundel County, one of which involved an 89-year-old victim.
The first occurred on Dec. 24, 2013 around 10 a.m. in the 8000-block of Budding Branch Road in Glen Burnie.
A 32-year-old male victim told police he was walking in the rear of the 8000-block of Veterans Highway when he was approached by two men wearing all black. The suspects grabbed him, began punching him and then stole his wallet.
The second incident happened Dec. 30, 2013, round 6 a.m. An 89-year-old male victim told officers he walking back to his home from the McDonald’s located in the 600-block of Old Mill Road in Millersville when he was struck in the head by unknown suspects. He was knocked him to the ground in the area of Cloverleaf and Four Leaf Clover Drive. He was also robbed of his wallet.
Both victims were transported to Baltimore Washington Medical Center for treatment.
On Tuesday, detectives arrested a 16-year-old male from Glen Burnie for these robberies.
He has been charged as a juvenile because he was 15 at the time of the robberies. He faces robbery, assault and theft charges.
He remains in the custody of Juvenile Services.
Other Local News:
- Annapolis Woman Indicted On Assault, DUI Charges After Hitting 2 Bicyclists
- N.J. Officer’s Wife Testifies At Road Rage Murder Trial
- At Least 2 In Va. Dead After Tornado Touches Down Near Md. Line
- Hundreds In Baltimore Rally To Show Solidarity With Those In Gaza
- Ray Rice Assault Costs Him 2-Game Suspension And Half A Million Dollars