Last Call: Ravens Playing Free Agency Right
The NFL free agency flood gates opened on Tuesday and the Ravens were able to bring back left tackle Eugene Monroe signing him to a 5-year, $37.5 million deal. Ryan Mink (@ryanmink) of BaltimoreRavens.com joined Zinno on Last Call to discuss it. Mink says it was a necessity to bring Monroe back given the number of holes on the offensive line.
The Ravens also have hopes of bringing back linebacker Daryl Smith and cornerback Corey Graham. While the Ravens continue to work on those deals, they are also being named in talks with several other free agents. Wide receivers Julian Edelman and Steve Smith are thought to be in the Ravens future. Mink says there are names that they could pursue but it’s a matter of letting the process play out.
Follow Zinno on Twitter @MarkZinno
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Tony Lombardi Talks Ravens Training Camp Storylines
- Ravens To Host Military Appreciation Day On Aug. 3
- Sal Paolantonio Says Team Owners Not Pressuring Goodell; Says Previous Statement Was ‘Speculation’
- Ravens Owner Denies “Deflategate” Rumors
- Keion Carpenter Believes The Ravens Have Fixed Their Secondary