The NFL free agency flood gates opened on Tuesday and the Ravens were able to bring back left tackle Eugene Monroe signing him to a 5-year, $37.5 million deal. Ryan Mink (@ryanmink) of BaltimoreRavens.com joined Zinno on Last Call to discuss it. Mink says it was a necessity to bring Monroe back given the number of holes on the offensive line.
The Ravens also have hopes of bringing back linebacker Daryl Smith and cornerback Corey Graham. While the Ravens continue to work on those deals, they are also being named in talks with several other free agents. Wide receivers Julian Edelman and Steve Smith are thought to be in the Ravens future. Mink says there are names that they could pursue but it’s a matter of letting the process play out.
Follow Zinno on Twitter @MarkZinno
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Former Raven Torrey Smith Says NFL Is Being ‘Disrespectful To The Good Men’
- Ravens Head Into The Bye Pretty Banged Up
- Ravens Have Lost Four Straight By A Total Of 19 Points
- Mike Preston Grades The Ravens Position By Position In A 24-16 Loss To The Jets
- Fitzpatrick Solid In Relief In Jets’ 24-16 Win Over Ravens