Last Call: Ravens Playing Free Agency Right
The NFL free agency flood gates opened on Tuesday and the Ravens were able to bring back left tackle Eugene Monroe signing him to a 5-year, $37.5 million deal. Ryan Mink (@ryanmink) of BaltimoreRavens.com joined Zinno on Last Call to discuss it. Mink says it was a necessity to bring Monroe back given the number of holes on the offensive line.
The Ravens also have hopes of bringing back linebacker Daryl Smith and cornerback Corey Graham. While the Ravens continue to work on those deals, they are also being named in talks with several other free agents. Wide receivers Julian Edelman and Steve Smith are thought to be in the Ravens future. Mink says there are names that they could pursue but it’s a matter of letting the process play out.
Follow Zinno on Twitter @MarkZinno
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Renfree Sharp As Falcons Hold Off Ravens’ Comeback, 20-19
- Former Ravens Players Make Appearance At Maryland State Fair
- Joe Platania On The Ravens Pre Season Finale Tomorrow Night In Atlanta
- Justin Forsett On Whether He Is Concerned About The Teams Pre Season Performance
- Baltimore Ravens 75-Man Roster Cuts