FORT MEADE, Md. (WJZ)–Utility workers make an alarming discovery in a Fort Meade neighborhood: an unexploded ordnance in the ground.
The World War II era mortar training round was found in the Potomac Place housing area at Fort Meade.
Several blocks were evacuated as a precaution while mortar was removed.
Fort Meade says utility crews at the base are trained to know what to do it they find these devices.
Other Local News:
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Route 40 In Elkton
- Some Residents ‘Afraid’ After String Of Property Damage In South Baltimore
- Shooting At NSA Triggered By Unlicensed Teen Driver Making Wrong Turn And Panicking, Passenger Says
- Hundreds Without Heat, Hot Water After Gas Outage In Pr. George’s Co.
- Lyft, Baltimore Bike Share Collaborate To Offer Five Bicycle Locations