WWII Era Mortar Discovered In Fort Meade Neighborhood
Get Breaking News First
FORT MEADE, Md. (WJZ)–Utility workers make an alarming discovery in a Fort Meade neighborhood: an unexploded ordnance in the ground.
The World War II era mortar training round was found in the Potomac Place housing area at Fort Meade.
Several blocks were evacuated as a precaution while mortar was removed.
Fort Meade says utility crews at the base are trained to know what to do it they find these devices.
Other Local News:
- 1st Human Trials With Ebola Vaccine To Begin Next Week In Maryland
- Wife Of Md. Congressman Andy Harris Dies Unexpectedly
- NFL To Crack Down On Domestic Violence Amid Criticism Of Ray Rice Punishment
- Ex-Baltimore Cop Convicted In Mistress’ Murder Granted Retrial 20 Years Later
- Gun Debate Grows After 9-Year-Old Accidentally Kills Shooting Instructor