WWII Era Mortar Discovered In Fort Meade Neighborhood
FORT MEADE, Md. (WJZ)–Utility workers make an alarming discovery in a Fort Meade neighborhood: an unexploded ordnance in the ground.
The World War II era mortar training round was found in the Potomac Place housing area at Fort Meade.
Several blocks were evacuated as a precaution while mortar was removed.
Fort Meade says utility crews at the base are trained to know what to do it they find these devices.
Other Local News:
- Reports Of Gunfire Spread Panic At Washington Navy Yard
- Concerns About Potential July 4th Terror Attack
- Hit-And-Run Leaves Baltimore Woman Critically Injured In Coma
- Race For Baltimore Mayor In Spotlight After Dixon Declares Candidacy
- Man Accused Of Setting Fire To CVS During Riots Caused $1M In Damages