FORT MEADE, Md. (WJZ)–Utility workers make an alarming discovery in a Fort Meade neighborhood: an unexploded ordnance in the ground.
The World War II era mortar training round was found in the Potomac Place housing area at Fort Meade.
Several blocks were evacuated as a precaution while mortar was removed.
Fort Meade says utility crews at the base are trained to know what to do it they find these devices.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Primary Ballots Still Being Counted, Pugh and Dixon Separated By Just a Few Thousand Votes
- Towson Univ. Police ID Suspect Wanted In Peeping Tom Incident
- Cell Phone Video Shows Arrest In Deadly DC Hijacking
- New Study: Medical Errors Are 3rd Leading Cause For Death In US
- Md. Man Faces Prison Time For $600K Online Dating Scheme