Last Call: Orioles Benefit From Santana Choosing Braves
Buy Orioles Tickets
The Orioles were looking to add one more piece to the ball club in the hopes that Ervin Santana would accept their one-year, $13 million dollar offer. Santana decided at the last minute to take the deal from the Atlanta Braves. Mel Antonen (@MelAntonen) of SI.com and MASN, thinks that the Orioles may have actually benefitted from Santana not signing in Baltimore. Antonen thinks that Camden Yards would not be the best place for him to pitch as he gives up a lot of home runs.
Antonen also spoke about Manny Machado’s comments about being “disappointed” with his 2014 salary. Antonen was surprised to see Machado even bring it up because he’s been so quiet and humble through his first two seasons. But obviously, it was bothering him enough to say something to the media about it.
Follow Zinno on Twitter @MarkZinno
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Pat Hughes Of Baseball Voices On Legendary Baltimore Announcer Chuck Thompson
- Steve Davis: So What Now For Chris Davis?
- Some Lucky Children Got To Attend Orioles’ Christmas Party
- Buck Showalter Thinks Chris Davis Has Been Approved For Adderall Use
- Roch Kubatko Was Not Surprised By The Lack Of Moves By The Orioles At The Winter Meetings