BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The National Weather Service say there is an enhanced threat for the spread of wildfires in parts of Maryland.
Southwest winds will be sustained around 15 mph with frequent gusts around 25 mph Friday afternoon across most of Maryland.
The combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity and low moisture will enhance the threat for the spread of wildfires.
Open burning of any type is considered very hazardous this time of year. Accidental escaped debris burns are the number one cause of wildfires.
Other Local News:
- Holocaust Play ‘Book of Joseph’ Coming To Baltimore
- Prince George’s Co. Cop Accused Of Assaulting Girlfriend Suspended
- Last 2 Juveniles Accused Of Attacking, Carjacking Pregnant Teacher Arrested
- Teen Saves Brother Thanks To CPR Training In Md. Schools
- Maryland Student Given 4-Month Sentence For Bringing Gun To School