BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The National Weather Service say there is an enhanced threat for the spread of wildfires in parts of Maryland.
Southwest winds will be sustained around 15 mph with frequent gusts around 25 mph Friday afternoon across most of Maryland.
The combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity and low moisture will enhance the threat for the spread of wildfires.
Open burning of any type is considered very hazardous this time of year. Accidental escaped debris burns are the number one cause of wildfires.
Other Local News:
- Small Group Of Demonstrators Shout ‘No Justice, No Peace’ As Freddie Gray Trials Begin
- Jury Selection Underway In Trial For Officer William Porter
- Alan Gross Discusses Captivity On 60 Minutes
- Baltimore Faith Leaders Monitor First Freddie Gray Trial
- Washington College Reopens Monday After 2-Week Lockdown