BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The National Weather Service say there is an enhanced threat for the spread of wildfires in parts of Maryland.
Southwest winds will be sustained around 15 mph with frequent gusts around 25 mph Friday afternoon across most of Maryland.
The combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity and low moisture will enhance the threat for the spread of wildfires.
Open burning of any type is considered very hazardous this time of year. Accidental escaped debris burns are the number one cause of wildfires.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Man Who Says He Went To NYC To Kill Black People Charged With Murder As Act Of Terrorism
- Screening Held Locally For Film On Police-Community Relations
- Baltimore Says Goodbye To Cardinal William Keeler
- Deadly Shooting Near Mondawmin Mall Investigated
- Baltimore Mayor Thanks Governor For Additional School Funding