Enhanced Threat For The Spread Of Wildfires
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The National Weather Service say there is an enhanced threat for the spread of wildfires in parts of Maryland.
Southwest winds will be sustained around 15 mph with frequent gusts around 25 mph Friday afternoon across most of Maryland.
The combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity and low moisture will enhance the threat for the spread of wildfires.
Open burning of any type is considered very hazardous this time of year. Accidental escaped debris burns are the number one cause of wildfires.
Other Local News:
- Reports Of Gunfire Spread Panic At Washington Navy Yard
- Concerns About Potential July 4th Terror Attack
- Hit-And-Run Leaves Baltimore Woman Critically Injured In Coma
- Race For Baltimore Mayor In Spotlight After Dixon Declares Candidacy
- Man Accused Of Setting Fire To CVS During Riots Caused $1M In Damages