BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The National Weather Service say there is an enhanced threat for the spread of wildfires in parts of Maryland.
Southwest winds will be sustained around 15 mph with frequent gusts around 25 mph Friday afternoon across most of Maryland.
The combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity and low moisture will enhance the threat for the spread of wildfires.
Open burning of any type is considered very hazardous this time of year. Accidental escaped debris burns are the number one cause of wildfires.
Other Local News:
- 2 Maryland Parades Make USA Today’s Top 10 List
- Charges Of Attempted Rape, Harassment After Investigation Into Harford Co. Fire Company
- Police Hope To ID Man Found Dead Along I-695 With Composite Sketch
- Police: Middle River Basement Renters Found Dead By Homeowner Were Likely Targeted
- More Than 850 Gallons Of Magnesium Hydroxide Leak Into River