Last Call: They Seem To Print Money In Tampa
Sports Fan Insider
The NFL free agency continues to make heads spin. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have spent over $125 millon on seven different free agents. That’s the most by any team.
Kirk McEwen, (@kirkmcewen) host of the “Kirk & Dinger” Morning Show in Tampa, spoke with Zinno on “Last Call” to talk about the splurge. The excitement around what the Bucs are doing is crazy, McEwen said. He also spoke about the impact that new head coach Lovie Smith has brought to that franchise.
The Buccaneers decided to let go of the best cornerback in the game in Darrelle Revis. It was a bold move, but Lovie Smith felt that he didn’t fit in the new system according to McEwen. With the signing of Josh McCown at quarterback, McEwen said that Tampa is making a run at a quick turn-around and that Mike Glennon is probably a career back-up.
Follow Zinno on Twitter @MarkZinno
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Ravens’ New National Anthem Singer Makes His Debut
- Charges Authorized Against Browns Fan Who Urinated On Art Modell’s Grave
- Joe Platania Was Not Surprised By Fan Support At Ravens Practice
- Keion Carpenter Believes Steve Smith Is Just What The Ravens Need
- Ravens Fans Thirsty For Football Season Watch Open Practice