The NFL free agency continues to make heads spin. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have spent over $125 millon on seven different free agents. That’s the most by any team.
Kirk McEwen, (@kirkmcewen) host of the “Kirk & Dinger” Morning Show in Tampa, spoke with Zinno on “Last Call” to talk about the splurge. The excitement around what the Bucs are doing is crazy, McEwen said. He also spoke about the impact that new head coach Lovie Smith has brought to that franchise.
The Buccaneers decided to let go of the best cornerback in the game in Darrelle Revis. It was a bold move, but Lovie Smith felt that he didn’t fit in the new system according to McEwen. With the signing of Josh McCown at quarterback, McEwen said that Tampa is making a run at a quick turn-around and that Mike Glennon is probably a career back-up.
Follow Zinno on Twitter @MarkZinno
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Ravens Opponent Profile Wk 14: The Ravens Have Their Toughest Test Coming Up Against The Patriots On Monday Night
- NFL Play 60 and Ravens Fuel Up Kids to Be Healthy
- Ravens Team Grades: Baltimore Dominates Dolphins In Best Performance Of Season
- Mike Preston Grades The Ravens Dominating 38-6 Win Over The Dolphins
- Joe Flacco, Ravens Just Had Their Best Best Game Of The Year