BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The National Weather Service say there is an enhanced threat for the spread of wildfires in parts of Maryland.
Southwest winds will be sustained around 15 mph with frequent gusts around 25 mph Saturday afternoon across most of Maryland.
The combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity and low moisture will enhance the threat for the spread of wildfires.
Open burning of any type is considered very hazardous this time of year. Accidental escaped debris burns are the number one cause of wildfires.
Other Local News:
- AAA Predicts Record Travel For July 4th Holiday
- Big Shakeup At Baltimore Based Under Armour; New President Announced
- ‘The Pride of Maryland’ In Horse Racing Is Officially Retiring
- New Video Released Of Possible Vehicle Involved In Hit-And-Run That Killed Cyclist
- Fire Crews Respond To Explosion/Fire In Harford County