BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The National Weather Service say there is an enhanced threat for the spread of wildfires in parts of Maryland.
Southwest winds will be sustained around 15 mph with frequent gusts around 25 mph Saturday afternoon across most of Maryland.
The combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity and low moisture will enhance the threat for the spread of wildfires.
Open burning of any type is considered very hazardous this time of year. Accidental escaped debris burns are the number one cause of wildfires.
Other Local News:
- ‘Saluting Branches’ Volunteer To Help Clean Up National Cemeteries
- Baltimore Businesses To Open Early For Ravens London Game Sunday
- Md. Teachers Take Firearms Training In Response To Uptick In School Shootings
- Death Toll Now Exceeds 225 In Devastating Mexico Earthquake
- Maria Pummels Caribbean; ‘Things Look Very, Very Bad For Saint Croix’