Enhanced Threat For The Spread Of Wildfires
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The National Weather Service say there is an enhanced threat for the spread of wildfires in parts of Maryland.
Southwest winds will be sustained around 15 mph with frequent gusts around 25 mph Saturday afternoon across most of Maryland.
The combination of gusty winds, low relative humidity and low moisture will enhance the threat for the spread of wildfires.
Open burning of any type is considered very hazardous this time of year. Accidental escaped debris burns are the number one cause of wildfires.
Other Local News:
- All Statements By Officers In Freddie Gray Trial Admissible
- Martin O’Malley Prepares To Take The Stage In Dem. Debate Tuesday
- Police Investigate After Video Appears To Show Officer Spitting On Man In Handcuffs
- Governor Larry Hogan Completes Chemotherapy
- More Than 700 Marijuana Plants Seized In Kent County