2 Found Dead In Pasadena Home In Apparent Murder-Suicide
PASADENA, Md. (WJZ)–Anne Arundel County Police found two people dead in a Pasadena home in an apparent murder-suicide.
The scene unfolded Tuesday afternoon when shots were fired in the area of High Point and Hilltop Roads in Pasadena.
Witnesses say a man was seen leaving a home in the 8000-block of High Point Road and walking with a long gun. He then went back into the home.
Police arrived around 2:18 p.m., and a man came to the door. Officers asked him to come out and he refused.
A barricade situation was called, and the SWAT team and negotiators responded to the scene.
While officers surrounded the house, a shot was heard. Officers entered the home and discovered a man and woman dead in an apparent murder-suicide. They have been identified as Charles Benton White, 67, and his 25-year-old girlfriend Elizabeth Leigh Thorpe.
The investigation is ongoing.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for more on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Waterfront Mansion Goes Up In Flames In AACo.
- 2 Teens Rescued From Water In Harford County
- Gov. Hogan: Baltimore City Detention Center To Shut Down, Effective Immediately
- Conflict Of Interest? Prosecutor In Freddie Gray Case Once Defended Gray In Court
- Authorities: Officer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Neighbor Appeared ‘Highly Intoxicated’