ELKRIDGE, Md. (WJZ)— The Elkridge man charged in the shaken baby death of his infant daughter last September pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Tuesday morning.
Aron James Krampf, 27, of the 6200-block of Ducketts Lane, entered a guilty plea before Howard County Circuit Court Judge Timothy McCrone.
Police and paramedics responded to Krampf’s residence around 12:45 p.m. on Sept. 10 for a report of an unconscious, 6-week-old infant who was not breathing. Krampf’s daughter, Aubrey, was transported to Johns Hopkins Children’s Hospital, where she died the next day as a result of her injuries.
At Tuesday morning’s plea hearing, Assistant State’s Attorney Jennifer Ritter read medical findings from attending doctors and the Office of the State Medical Examiner who concluded that the child’s injuries were compatible with non-accidental trauma.
The judge revoked Krampf’s bond and set a sentencing date of July 24.
Ritter told the court that prosecutors will seek a 20-year prison sentence for Krampf.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Police Officer Hospitalized After Being Hit By Car
- Charges Dropped For Maintenance Man In Sex-For-Repairs Case
- Driver Strikes Capitol Police Cruiser, Taken Into Custody
- Family Dog Discovers Fire in Md. Home; Alerts Occupant to Escape
- Police: Man Killed in Crash After Driver Failed to Stop at Red Light