Howard County Man Enters Guilty Plea In Daughter’s Shaken Baby Death
Get Breaking News First
ELKRIDGE, Md. (WJZ)— The Elkridge man charged in the shaken baby death of his infant daughter last September pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Tuesday morning.
Aron James Krampf, 27, of the 6200-block of Ducketts Lane, entered a guilty plea before Howard County Circuit Court Judge Timothy McCrone.
Police and paramedics responded to Krampf’s residence around 12:45 p.m. on Sept. 10 for a report of an unconscious, 6-week-old infant who was not breathing. Krampf’s daughter, Aubrey, was transported to Johns Hopkins Children’s Hospital, where she died the next day as a result of her injuries.
At Tuesday morning’s plea hearing, Assistant State’s Attorney Jennifer Ritter read medical findings from attending doctors and the Office of the State Medical Examiner who concluded that the child’s injuries were compatible with non-accidental trauma.
The judge revoked Krampf’s bond and set a sentencing date of July 24.
Ritter told the court that prosecutors will seek a 20-year prison sentence for Krampf.
Other Local News:
- Remains Found Confirmed To Be Missing UVa. Student Hannah Graham
- Parachute Deployed In Frederick Air Collision Likely Saved Lives
- Dallas Nurse Declared Ebola-Free, Released From NIH
- Disturbing Video Shows 17-Year-Old Beaten By Gang Of Girls
- NTSB: Probe Into Triple Fatal Frederick County Aircraft Crash Will Take A Year