PARKVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–A police-involved shooting in Baltimore County is under investigation.
Christie Ileto has the latest.
It happened Tuesday afternoon at the intersection of Oakleigh Road and Trenleigh Road in Parkville.
Police were called to a home in the 8600-block of Oakleigh Road for a report of a suspect with a knife. The caller was concerned for the suspect’s well-being.
Upon arrival, officers say the suspect began threatening them with the knife.
“The minute they responded to this house, he was threatening them with the knife,” said Elise Armacost, Baltimore County Police. “Fearing for their lives, at least one of our officers discharged his service weapons. A man was shot multiple times.”
One officer shot the suspect, who is suffering from life threatening injuries.
Investigators are clearing the suspect’s house, where a “long gun” was seen.
Residents are stunned.
“I came out of the city to be in a quiet neighborhood. You hear it everywhere now,” a neighbor said.
The investigation is ongoing.
The officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Church Working To Fight Opioid Epidemic
- 13 Arrested For DUI On St. Patrick’s Day In Howard County
- Police Investigating 4 Shootings, Including 1 Fatal, Within 9 Hours In Baltimore
- Rain, Snow Mix Possible For Tuesday Morning
- School Resource Officer Accidentally Fires Gun Inside Va. Middle School