Police: Officer Shot Suspect After Being Threatened With A Knife
Get Breaking News First
PARKVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–A police-involved shooting in Baltimore County is under investigation.
Christie Ileto has the latest.
It happened Tuesday afternoon at the intersection of Oakleigh Road and Trenleigh Road in Parkville.
Police were called to a home in the 8600-block of Oakleigh Road for a report of a suspect with a knife. The caller was concerned for the suspect’s well-being.
Upon arrival, officers say the suspect began threatening them with the knife.
“The minute they responded to this house, he was threatening them with the knife,” said Elise Armacost, Baltimore County Police. “Fearing for their lives, at least one of our officers discharged his service weapons. A man was shot multiple times.”
One officer shot the suspect, who is suffering from life threatening injuries.
Investigators are clearing the suspect’s house, where a “long gun” was seen.
Residents are stunned.
“I came out of the city to be in a quiet neighborhood. You hear it everywhere now,” a neighbor said.
The investigation is ongoing.
The officers involved in the shooting have been placed on administrative leave.
Other Local News:
- 7 Injured When Apartment Deck Collapses At College Party In Towson
- Co-worker Charged In Beating Death Of Brooklyn Park Popeyes Employee
- Baltimore Man Charged In Stabbing Death Of 9-Months Pregnant Girlfriend In Rosedale
- Feral Cat That Closed A Glen Burnie Elementary School Has Been Caught
- Randallstown Shooting Leaves One Man Wounded