Fatal Crash On Route 100 Involved 6 Vehicles, Including Cement Truck
Get Breaking News First
PASADENA, Md. (WJZ) — A fatal, multi-vehicle collision on Route 100 is under investigation.
Captain Jeff Long reports.
It happened Tuesday around 3:15 p.m. on eastbound Route 100 at Waterford Road in Pasadena.
The road was closed for seven hours and finally reopened around 10:30 p.m.
Police say a cement mixer truck failed to stop and struck one vehicle from behind, causing a chain reaction crash.
Scott Johnston, 54, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four others were treated for minor injuries.
Police say drugs and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Ravens Partner With The House Of Ruth To End Domestic Violence
- Feral Cat Enters Elementary School In Glen Burnie, Forces Early Closure
- Suspect Wanted In Wells Fargo Bank Robbery; $5000 Reward Offered
- Vigil Planned For Ohio Plane Crash Victims, Including Md. Native
- 1st Human Trials With Ebola Vaccine To Begin Next Week In Maryland