PASADENA, Md. (WJZ) — A fatal, multi-vehicle collision on Route 100 is under investigation.
Captain Jeff Long reports.
It happened Tuesday around 3:15 p.m. on eastbound Route 100 at Waterford Road in Pasadena.
The road was closed for seven hours and finally reopened around 10:30 p.m.
Police say a cement mixer truck failed to stop and struck one vehicle from behind, causing a chain reaction crash.
Scott Johnston, 54, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four others were treated for minor injuries.
Police say drugs and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Pressure Mounting For Mosby To Drop Charges In Remaining Gray Cases
- Family Still In Shock 1-Year After Fatal Drunk Driving Crash
- Triple Amputee Veteran Is 2016 ‘Faces Of Valor’ Honoree
- State Halts Oyster and Clam Harvesting in Some Spots Due to High Bacteria Levels
- Man Sentenced To 15 Years For Arson, Looting During Riots