PASADENA, Md. (WJZ) — A fatal, multi-vehicle collision on Route 100 is under investigation.
Captain Jeff Long reports.
It happened Tuesday around 3:15 p.m. on eastbound Route 100 at Waterford Road in Pasadena.
The road was closed for seven hours and finally reopened around 10:30 p.m.
Police say a cement mixer truck failed to stop and struck one vehicle from behind, causing a chain reaction crash.
Scott Johnston, 54, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Four others were treated for minor injuries.
Police say drugs and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash.
The investigation is ongoing.
Other Local News:
- Spike in Crime at Gas Station Near Morgan State
- Marylanders, Including One Ravens Player, Helping Devastated Haiti
- Wire Star Looks to Revitalize Station North Arts District
- Baltimore City Assistant State’s Attorney Arrested For Child Porn
- Police: Reward in Double Homicide of 69-Year-Old Woman and Her Son