Lights, Camera, Matter! Hopkins Physicists Debut Film On Search For ‘God Particle’
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE (WJZ)–Lights, camera, God particle! The most expensive experiment in history is the subject of a documentary by Hopkins physicists.
The gigantic billion dollar Hadron Collider in Switzerland was the first to find evidence of the elusive Higgs boson particle.
Chasing down the “God particle,” physicists from Johns Hopkins spent years filming scientists’ efforts at the large Hadron collider in Switzerland, where first evidence of the Higgs boson particle was confirmed.
It’s nicknamed the “God particle” because it’s believed its creation during the Big Bang gave rise to all matter in the universe from stars to people.
A Hopkins team calls its documentary “Particle Fever,” and it premiers Friday night in Baltimore at the Charles Theater.
Other Local News:
- At Least 2 In Va. Dead After Tornado Touches Down Near Md. Line
- Hundreds In Baltimore Rally To Show Solidarity With Those In Gaza
- Ray Rice Assault Costs Him 2-Game Suspension And Half A Million Dollars
- 11 & 14-Year-Old Among 3 Brothers Charged In Stepfather’s Murder
- BGF Leader Sentenced To 10 Years In Baltimore Jail Racketeering