BALTIMORE (WJZ)–Lights, camera, God particle! The most expensive experiment in history is the subject of a documentary by Hopkins physicists.
The gigantic billion dollar Hadron Collider in Switzerland was the first to find evidence of the elusive Higgs boson particle.
Chasing down the “God particle,” physicists from Johns Hopkins spent years filming scientists’ efforts at the large Hadron collider in Switzerland, where first evidence of the Higgs boson particle was confirmed.
It’s nicknamed the “God particle” because it’s believed its creation during the Big Bang gave rise to all matter in the universe from stars to people.
A Hopkins team calls its documentary “Particle Fever,” and it premiers Friday night in Baltimore at the Charles Theater.
Other Local News:
- Families Celebrate ‘National Adoption Day’ With Special Adoption Ceremonies
- Funeral Services Held For Bartender Killed Outside Locust Point Royal Farms
- Slain Officer’s Body Taken To Medical Examiner’s Office; Police Still Searching For Killer
- Police Investigating Shooting That Sent 20-Year-Old To Hospital
- Deputy Uses Taser On Student Fleeing Campus In Drug Arrest