ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — A U.S. Naval Academy football player collapses at spring practice.
The academy says freshman slot back Will McKamey was flown to Shock Trauma early Saturday morning, where he is undergoing medical care.
According to academy officials, McKamey suffered a similar episode in high school, but it was not as severe.
In a statement, the Naval Academy says it is providing support to McKamey and his family.
Other Local News:
- Women’s History Month Rally Set For Annapolis
- Freshmen Lead 10th-Seeded Oregon To 77-63 Upset Of Maryland
- Labor Department Says Maryland Added 11,500 Jobs In February
- Mayor Pugh Vetoes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Workers, Business Owners React
- Man Stopped For Medical Emergency, Found To Be Sex Trafficking Suspect By Police