The Ravens traded for Jeremy Zuttah over the weekend and signed safety Darian Stewart. I’ll be honest, I don’t recall anything about watching either player. In other words, these are hardly big splashes. But, they are solid moves.
We had a writer on from Tampa who signed Zuttah is a pretty average center. He graded out on Pro Football Focus 22nd out of 35 centers. That is hardly great. That said, Gradkowski graded dead last, 35th out of 35. So, Zuttah, even just being okay, is an upgrade. He’s a solid guy too.
We also had the Rams beat writer on the show, who had nice things to say about Stewart. He said he’s more of a strong safety than a free safety, and the Ravens need a free safety. That said, Stewart could play there if needed.
I think what these moves have done is put the Ravens in a position where they don’t have to draft for need in the first round. They can field a starting line-up right now and have every position filled. The great thing about this is that it means they can draft the best player available in the first round, which a great luxury.
I like what the Ravens have done this off-season. They haven’t gotten dynamically better, but I think they are better.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- NFL Play 60 and Ravens Fuel Up Kids to Be Healthy
- Ravens Team Grades: Baltimore Dominates Dolphins In Best Performance Of Season
- Mike Preston Grades The Ravens Dominating 38-6 Win Over The Dolphins
- Joe Flacco, Ravens Just Had Their Best Best Game Of The Year
- Ravens Showed Dominance In 38-6 Win Over Dolphins