Sports Rehab: Who’s Starting For The Orioles At 2nd Base?
Orioles CentralShop Team Gear
Sports Fan Insider
With Opening Day just a week away, the Orioles are winding down Spring Training in Sarasota, Florida. Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun joined Sports Rehab with Glenn and Bob to discuss the battle for the starting 2nd Base job and how the acquisition of utility infielder Steve Lombardozzi affects that battle as well as a few other position battles.
The battle for 2nd base is currently between Jemile Weeks, Jonathan Schoop, and the newly acquired Lombardozzi. Connolly also addressed Brian Matusz and his desire to return to the starting rotation. “Its unfortunate for Brian. He wants to be a starter but right now I think he’s most valuable to the Orioles as a left handed reliever.”
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Terry Ford: Tigers Starting Pitching
- John Smoltz Cannot Wait For The Tigers And Orioles Series To Start
- Mike Bordick On The Differences Between Playing In A Playoff Series And Covering One As A Member Of The Media
- Orioles Confident Of Success, Even Without 3 Stars
- A Capsule Look At Orioles-Tigers Playoff Series