Sports Rehab: Who’s Starting For The Orioles At 2nd Base?
Buy Orioles Tickets
With Opening Day just a week away, the Orioles are winding down Spring Training in Sarasota, Florida. Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun joined Sports Rehab with Glenn and Bob to discuss the battle for the starting 2nd Base job and how the acquisition of utility infielder Steve Lombardozzi affects that battle as well as a few other position battles.
The battle for 2nd base is currently between Jemile Weeks, Jonathan Schoop, and the newly acquired Lombardozzi. Connolly also addressed Brian Matusz and his desire to return to the starting rotation. “Its unfortunate for Brian. He wants to be a starter but right now I think he’s most valuable to the Orioles as a left handed reliever.”
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Pat Hughes Of Baseball Voices On Legendary Baltimore Announcer Chuck Thompson
- Steve Davis: So What Now For Chris Davis?
- Some Lucky Children Got To Attend Orioles’ Christmas Party
- Buck Showalter Thinks Chris Davis Has Been Approved For Adderall Use
- Roch Kubatko Was Not Surprised By The Lack Of Moves By The Orioles At The Winter Meetings