GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A grandmother visiting an Anne Arundel County student is behind bars, charged with stealing from a teacher.
Theresa Sayles was chaperoning at Marley Elementary School in Glen Burnie when it happened.
Police say the 49-year-old broke into an empty classroom during an assembly and stole a teacher’s wallet.
The teacher eventually became suspicious and noticed Sayles holding her wallet in the cafeteria.
The wallet was retrieved and money was missing from it.
Officers then arrived and Sayles was taken into custody.
She now faces theft charges and is no longer allowed on the school’s property.
Other Local News:
- Mayor Pugh Vetoes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Workers, Business Owners React
- Police Discover Sex Trafficking Ring Suspect, After He Is Stopped For Medical Emergency
- Baby Boy Killed, Babysitter Injured After Family Dog Attacks
- Pope Francis Sends Condolences On Cardinal Keeler’s Death
- Gov. Hogan on City School Deficit: ‘Getting Close But Not There Yet’