GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A grandmother visiting an Anne Arundel County student is behind bars, charged with stealing from a teacher.
Theresa Sayles was chaperoning at Marley Elementary School in Glen Burnie when it happened.
Police say the 49-year-old broke into an empty classroom during an assembly and stole a teacher’s wallet.
The teacher eventually became suspicious and noticed Sayles holding her wallet in the cafeteria.
The wallet was retrieved and money was missing from it.
Officers then arrived and Sayles was taken into custody.
She now faces theft charges and is no longer allowed on the school’s property.
Other Local News:
- Md. Comptroller Eyeing Up Big Changes For Daily Fantasy Sports
- Critical Hearing Ahead In Next Trial of Officer Charged in Freddie Gray’s Death
- Police: Boaters Lucky Brawl On Choptank River Didn’t Turn ‘Deadly’
- Family Of Frostburg Football Player Who Died Will Settle Suit With NCAA
- 2 Former Va. Tech Students Indicted In Slaying of Nicole Lovell