GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A grandmother visiting an Anne Arundel County student is behind bars, charged with stealing from a teacher.
Theresa Sayles was chaperoning at Marley Elementary School in Glen Burnie when it happened.
Police say the 49-year-old broke into an empty classroom during an assembly and stole a teacher’s wallet.
The teacher eventually became suspicious and noticed Sayles holding her wallet in the cafeteria.
The wallet was retrieved and money was missing from it.
Officers then arrived and Sayles was taken into custody.
She now faces theft charges and is no longer allowed on the school’s property.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Church Gets Street Renamed After Pastor Who Helped Rebuild Following Fire
- UMBC Fans Across Maryland Cheering On Underdogs’ Historic NCAA Tournament Run
- UMBC Retrievers Hungry For Win Against Kansas State
- Baltimore Fire Department Misses Goal For Smoke Alarms
- Bill Requires Neighborhood Input Into Baltimore Project