GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A grandmother visiting an Anne Arundel County student is behind bars, charged with stealing from a teacher.
Theresa Sayles was chaperoning at Marley Elementary School in Glen Burnie when it happened.
Police say the 49-year-old broke into an empty classroom during an assembly and stole a teacher’s wallet.
The teacher eventually became suspicious and noticed Sayles holding her wallet in the cafeteria.
The wallet was retrieved and money was missing from it.
Officers then arrived and Sayles was taken into custody.
She now faces theft charges and is no longer allowed on the school’s property.
Other Local News:
- $5 Million Study Set for New Chesapeake Bay Crossing
- Guilty Plea For Parkville Man Who Videotaped Young Girls At Swim Meets
- USDA to Reopen Offices Closed After Email Threats
- First Warning WX: Hurricane Watch In Effect As Tropical Depression Nears Florida Gulf
- ‘Preservation Resource Center’ Aims to Assist Ellicott City Flood Victims