GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A grandmother visiting an Anne Arundel County student is behind bars, charged with stealing from a teacher.
Theresa Sayles was chaperoning at Marley Elementary School in Glen Burnie when it happened.
Police say the 49-year-old broke into an empty classroom during an assembly and stole a teacher’s wallet.
The teacher eventually became suspicious and noticed Sayles holding her wallet in the cafeteria.
The wallet was retrieved and money was missing from it.
Officers then arrived and Sayles was taken into custody.
She now faces theft charges and is no longer allowed on the school’s property.
Other Local News:
- Taney Statue In Annapolis To Be Removed After Almost 150 Years
- Parts Of Dulles Airport Evacuated Due To Suspicious Van
- Md. Couple Arrested For Attempted Murder And Robbery; Lured Victims With Prostitution
- New Study May Prove To Be Life Changing For Peanut-Allergic Kids
- Report: Marylanders Among The Worst Tippers In The U.S.