GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A grandmother visiting an Anne Arundel County student is behind bars, charged with stealing from a teacher.
Theresa Sayles was chaperoning at Marley Elementary School in Glen Burnie when it happened.
Police say the 49-year-old broke into an empty classroom during an assembly and stole a teacher’s wallet.
The teacher eventually became suspicious and noticed Sayles holding her wallet in the cafeteria.
The wallet was retrieved and money was missing from it.
Officers then arrived and Sayles was taken into custody.
She now faces theft charges and is no longer allowed on the school’s property.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Zoo Officials Discuss Safety Procedures After Cincinnati Incident
- 5 Shot During Baltimore Cookout; Suspect Sought & 2 Victims Arrested
- Neighbors March For Justice After 90-Year-Old Dies After Assault
- Report: Md. Beaches Are On A 4-Year Clean Streak
- Now That It’s Warming Up, It’s Time To Take Zika Precautions