GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A grandmother visiting an Anne Arundel County student is behind bars, charged with stealing from a teacher.
Theresa Sayles was chaperoning at Marley Elementary School in Glen Burnie when it happened.
Police say the 49-year-old broke into an empty classroom during an assembly and stole a teacher’s wallet.
The teacher eventually became suspicious and noticed Sayles holding her wallet in the cafeteria.
The wallet was retrieved and money was missing from it.
Officers then arrived and Sayles was taken into custody.
She now faces theft charges and is no longer allowed on the school’s property.
Other Local News:
- Services Held For Edgewood Shooting Victim Oscar Hidalgo Romero
- Md. Woman Injured In Las Vegas Shooting Reaches Milestone In Recovery
- Family Of Alleged Office Gunman Says He Failed To Get Mental Health Treatment
- Witness: Suspect Gathered Co-workers Before Shooting, Said ‘I Want To Say Something To Everybody’
- Calls From First Responders Heard From Edgewood Business Shooting