Grandmother Visiting Student Arrested After Stealing Teacher’s Wallet
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A grandmother visiting an Anne Arundel County student is behind bars, charged with stealing from a teacher.
Theresa Sayles was chaperoning at Marley Elementary School in Glen Burnie when it happened.
Police say the 49-year-old broke into an empty classroom during an assembly and stole a teacher’s wallet.
The teacher eventually became suspicious and noticed Sayles holding her wallet in the cafeteria.
The wallet was retrieved and money was missing from it.
Officers then arrived and Sayles was taken into custody.
She now faces theft charges and is no longer allowed on the school’s property.
Other Local News:
- Gov. Hogan: Baltimore City Detention Center To Shut Down, Effective Immediately
- Crews Battle 3-Alarm Blaze In Lake Shores
- Authorities: Officer Accused Of Pointing Gun At Neighbor Appeared ‘Highly Intoxicated’
- More Fans, More Fun At This Year’s Ravens Training Camp
- Cancer, Hair Loss Haven’t Affected Gov. Hogan’s Positive Outlook