GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — A grandmother visiting an Anne Arundel County student is behind bars, charged with stealing from a teacher.
Theresa Sayles was chaperoning at Marley Elementary School in Glen Burnie when it happened.
Police say the 49-year-old broke into an empty classroom during an assembly and stole a teacher’s wallet.
The teacher eventually became suspicious and noticed Sayles holding her wallet in the cafeteria.
The wallet was retrieved and money was missing from it.
Officers then arrived and Sayles was taken into custody.
She now faces theft charges and is no longer allowed on the school’s property.
Other Local News:
- New Trial Granted For Adnan Syed, Subject Of ‘Serial’ Podcast
- Fans Of Slain Rapper ‘Lor Scoota’ Remember Him Through Music
- All Clear At Joint Base Andrews After ‘Miscommunication’ Over Active Shooter
- Complaint Filed Against Mosby Calls Her ‘A Runaway Prosecutor’
- Ocean City Police Rescue Small Kitten From Rt. 90 Bridge