SALISBURY, Md. (WJZ) –A suspect remains at large following a police-involved shooting near Salisbury University that put the campus on lockdown Wednesday night.
According to our sister station WBOC, a deputy’s police cruiser was rammed by another car. The suspect also shot at another officer.
Police say they observed 31-year-old Edwin Lamont Fletcher pulling into a parking lot. Police tried to arrest Fletcher, who’s wanted on a drug warrant. Instead of surrendering, Fletcher rammed the trooper’s car and then fired at a second trooper. Neither trooper sustained life-threatening injuries.
Fletcher is described as a black male, 6’2″ and 180 pounds. He’s wearing dark clothing and should be considered dangerous. He was last seen in the area of Camden and Ohio avenues.
Salisbury University was on lockdown while police searched for the suspect. The lockdown has since been lifted.
Other Local News:
- Ravens Player Wants NFL To Allow Medical Marijuana
- Baltimore Police Search For Suspect In Woman’s Murder
- Tropical Storm Warning Issued For South Carolina
- Rail Infrastructure Crumbling Throughout US
- Could Martin O’Malley Speak At DNC Convention This Summer?