Suspect At Large After Police-Involved Shooting Near Salisbury University
SALISBURY, Md. (WJZ) –A suspect remains at large following a police-involved shooting near Salisbury University that put the campus on lockdown Wednesday night.
According to our sister station WBOC, a deputy’s police cruiser was rammed by another car. The suspect also shot at another officer.
Police say they observed 31-year-old Edwin Lamont Fletcher pulling into a parking lot. Police tried to arrest Fletcher, who’s wanted on a drug warrant. Instead of surrendering, Fletcher rammed the trooper’s car and then fired at a second trooper. Neither trooper sustained life-threatening injuries.
Fletcher is described as a black male, 6’2″ and 180 pounds. He’s wearing dark clothing and should be considered dangerous. He was last seen in the area of Camden and Ohio avenues.
Salisbury University was on lockdown while police searched for the suspect. The lockdown has since been lifted.
Other Local News:
- Veteran Baltimore County Cop Attempts Breaking Into Home To Steal Pills
- Md. Medical Facilities Taking Precautions As Ebola-Stricken Arrive In U.S.
- 3-Year-Old Little Girl Dies From Injuries In City Drive-By Shooting
- U.S. Senators Criticize, Goodell Defends Ray Rice 2-Game Suspension
- House OKs Bill To Address Border Crisis