SALISBURY, Md. (WJZ) –A suspect remains at large following a police-involved shooting near Salisbury University that put the campus on lockdown Wednesday night.
According to our sister station WBOC, a deputy’s police cruiser was rammed by another car. The suspect also shot at another officer.
Police say they observed 31-year-old Edwin Lamont Fletcher pulling into a parking lot. Police tried to arrest Fletcher, who’s wanted on a drug warrant. Instead of surrendering, Fletcher rammed the trooper’s car and then fired at a second trooper. Neither trooper sustained life-threatening injuries.
Fletcher is described as a black male, 6’2″ and 180 pounds. He’s wearing dark clothing and should be considered dangerous. He was last seen in the area of Camden and Ohio avenues.
Salisbury University was on lockdown while police searched for the suspect. The lockdown has since been lifted.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Roadside Zoo To Be Sued Over Alleged Animal Cruelty
- New Fee Starting May 1 For Assateague Island Visitors
- New Limited Time Lemon Glaze Doughnuts At Krispy Kreme
- Gang Member Gets Nearly 12 Years In Racketeering Case
- Flaming Cheese Triggers Sprinklers At Baltimore Restaurant