Contractor Strikes Gas Line, Forcing 7 Homes To Evacuate In Harford County
CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- Demonstrator Arrested During 1st Hearing Of Freddie Gray Case
- Judge Denies Motions To Dismiss Charges In Freddie Gray Case; Ruled Individual Trials For 6 Officers
- 1 Officer Injured, 1 Protester Arrested During Demonstration
- Residents Pleased After Motions Denied In Freddie Gray Trial
- Md. Sen. Mikulski Announces Support For Iran Deal