CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- Ocean City Gets A Number Of New Attractions This Year
- Suspect Who Gunned Down Woman Sought By Baltimore Police
- Judge Sentences 2 Md. Men to 50 Years for Motel Slaying
- Girl, 13, Suffers Graze Wound to Head; 3 Others Injured In Overnight Shootings
- Md. Teacher Charged With Illegal Sexual Contact With Student