CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- Disgraced Baltimore Officer Investigated Internally In 2009
- 1 Dead, 3 Injured In Single-Vehicle Crash In Pasadena
- Plane Headed To Maryland Crashes Killing 3 People, 1 Dog
- Police Looking For Additional Victims In Baltimore Veterinarian Animal Abuse Case
- Fire Damages Vacant Baltimore Building By Community Center