CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- One Hospitalized Following Baltimore House Fire
- Maryland Woman Convicted In Fatal Drunken Driving Wreck
- Court Rejects Appeal Of Ex-Grad Student Who Killed Friend
- Police Investigating After Man Walks Into Hospital With Gunshot Wound
- Police Investigating Overnight Homicide