CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- Police Searching For Man Who Stabbed Passenger In Road Rage Incident
- Liquor Board Official Pleads Guilty To Bribery In Maryland
- Widow Of Workplace Shooting Victim Says He Feared Co-Worker
- Report: Baltimore City Council President Says Officers ‘Raping The City’ By Not Living In Baltimore
- Police Seek Suspects Who Used Stun Gun To Rob Man Outside Pharmacy