CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- More Than 200 People Arrested After Violence Breaks Out During Inauguration Day Protests
- Women From All Over Prepare For Women’s March On Washington Saturday
- Police Arrest Man Who Stole Car With Kids Inside
- President Trump Attends Three Inaugural Balls
- Mom Outraged, School Dental Program Removes Child’s Teeth Without Her Knowing