Contractor Strikes Gas Line, Forcing 7 Homes To Evacuate In Harford County
Get Breaking News First
CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- Mentally Ill Mother Refuses To Cooperate As Search For Toddlers Turns To Homicide Probe
- Rosedale Man Among 2 Killed By Strong Rip Currents In Ocean City
- Former Raven And His Wife Make Ray Rice Comments In Interview With Dr. Phil
- Hogan Refutes Ads, Calls Brown’s Campaign Dishonest
- 10th Annual Charm City Cyclocross Winners To Get Equal Pay–No Matter The Gender