Contractor Strikes Gas Line, Forcing 7 Homes To Evacuate In Harford County
Get Breaking News First
CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- Elections Official: Noncitizens May Be Voting In Md.
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With $90K Bribery Scheme, Money Laundering
- Investigation Continues Into Cause Of NASA Rocket Explosion Near Md. Line
- Former Teller-In-Training Gets 7 years In Armed Bank Robbery
- First Hillary Clinton, Then First Lady Obama Will Rally Voters For Anthony Brown