CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- Drunk Drivers Arrested After Crashing Into Fallen Cables On I-695
- Md. Pushing For Life-Saving Tech After Deadly N.J. Train Crash
- New Laws Are Taking Effect In Maryland
- Ravens Players To Participate In Celebrity Waiter Night
- 18-Year-Old Girl Shot In The Back In East Baltimore