Contractor Strikes Gas Line, Forcing 7 Homes To Evacuate In Harford County
CHURCHVILLE, Md. (WJZ)–Baltimore Gas and Electric crews are working to secure a gas line break that forced seven homes to be evacuated.
It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. when a contractor struck a 4-inch gas line on the 2900-block of Churchville Road on Route 22.
Officials say seven homes were evacuated as a precaution and Hazmat is on the scene conducing air monitoring.
Route 22 is closed between Glenville Road and Route 155.
It is unclear when the line will be restored or when evacuees will be allowed to return to their homes.
No outages have been reported.
Other Local News:
- University Of Maryland Holds Holiday Fire Safety Demo
- Holiday Tradition “The Nutcracker” Returns To Baltimore
- Md. Woman Fined $100 For Leaving Kids In Hot Car
- Baltimore Police Search For Missing Boy
- AACO Police Looking For Taxi Carjacking Suspects