Shoplifting Suspect’s Shoes Leads To Armed Robbery Arrest
LAUREL, Md. (WJZ)— A suspect’s shoes gave him away. Police make an arrest in a gas station robbery after noticing a man accused of shoplifting at Target had on matching footwear.
Police say 23-year-old Dave Adams Benissan, of Laurel, was caught shoplifting at a Target store in Laurel on Wednesday. Detained by an employee there, Benissan was wearing the same shoes described in an armed robbery at a BP gas station, also in Laurel.
In that robbery, police say a suspect entered the gas station around 12:30 a.m. last Saturday wearing a ski mask and displaying a handgun. He fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of money.
Detectives determined that Benissan’s shoes and physical description matched the gas station robbery.
After executing a search warrant, police recovered a black pellet handgun and clothing the suspect wore during the robbery.
Benissan has been charged with shoplifting and armed robbery.
Other Local News:
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Leaves Prison, May Be Headed To Baltimore Halfway House
- 2 Baltimore County Firefighters Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
- City Officials Unveils 6-Week Criminal Justice Camp For Youngsters
- Ravens’ John Urschel NFL Pro By Day, Math Wiz By Night
- MSP Superintendent Sworn In, 100 Troopers Added To Force