LAUREL, Md. (WJZ)— A suspect’s shoes gave him away. Police make an arrest in a gas station robbery after noticing a man accused of shoplifting at Target had on matching footwear.
Police say 23-year-old Dave Adams Benissan, of Laurel, was caught shoplifting at a Target store in Laurel on Wednesday. Detained by an employee there, Benissan was wearing the same shoes described in an armed robbery at a BP gas station, also in Laurel.
In that robbery, police say a suspect entered the gas station around 12:30 a.m. last Saturday wearing a ski mask and displaying a handgun. He fled on foot with an undisclosed amount of money.
Detectives determined that Benissan’s shoes and physical description matched the gas station robbery.
After executing a search warrant, police recovered a black pellet handgun and clothing the suspect wore during the robbery.
Benissan has been charged with shoplifting and armed robbery.
Other Local News:
- Report: Baltimore City Council President Says Officers ‘Raping The City’ By Not Living In Baltimore
- Police Seek Suspects Who Used Stun Gun To Rob Man Outside Pharmacy
- Edgewood Suspect Discarded Gun, Ran When He Saw Police
- Radee Prince To Face Murder, Attempted Murder Charges In Md.
- Edgewood Shooting Suspect Arraigned In Delaware, Bail Set At $2.1 Million