ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — Naval Academy Midshipman Hans Loewen passed away Saturday at Shock Trauma in Baltimore. He’d sustained injuries in a skateboarding accident on March 22 and was in a coma.
“My wife, Barbara and I join the Brigade, staff and faculty in mourning the loss of Midshipman Hans Loewen,” said Naval Academy Superintendent Vice Adm. Michael Miller. “Hans was a vibrant Midshipman who lived his life to the fullest, and that spirit will be forever imprinted on his classmates and the Naval Academy. As we celebrate Hans’ courage and commitment, we also come together in support for his family and friends, and all who were touched by his presence. Our heartfelt sympathies go out to the Loewen’s, and our extended USNA family, during this very difficult time.”
Loewen was an oceanography major and was 20 years old.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
Other Local News:
- 10-Page Complaint Filed Against Marilyn Mosby Over Freddie Gray Investigation
- Ex-School Aide Indicted On 270 Counts In Sex Abuse Case
- Md., DC Democrats Continuing Push for Gun-Control Laws
- Loved Ones of Lor Scoota Demands Justice For Slain Rapper
- Man Seriously Injured After Tree Falls Onto Passenger Bus in AACo.