Thanks to a ‘blocky’ jet stream upper level pattern and the NAO finally trending down after being rather positive for quite some time, we have a low pressure area that will be closing off and becoming stacked and slow moving through the weekend and right into the pre-dawn hours Monday morning. Steady rain, heavy at times will continue this evening and into the first part of tonight.
We will likely get into a dry slot later tonight and tomorrow morning when it becomes a lighter rain and spotty drizzle. But, by later tomorrow afternoon, wraparound rain will be moving into the region causing rain intensity to pick back up again for Sunday night before tapering off overnight. When it is all said and done, 1.75 to 2.5″ of rain is expected for the area, with locally higher amounts possible.
Other Local News:
- Montgomery County Police Find 2 Dead In Apartment Building
- Loyola Blakefield Cancels School After Racial Slur Is Etched Onto Balthroom Stall
- Pickup Truck Crashes Into Anne Arudel County Home
- Man Struck By Car After Waiting For His Vehicle To Be Towed
- 2nd Child In Baltimore Fire Dies Day After Mother, Sister Died