BALTIMORE (WJZ)—Perfect weather, a sold-out crowd and a big win. It was another tremendous Opening Day for the Orioles at Camden Yards.
Linh Bui has more on the excitement.
Opening Day is here, and the party started at Camden Yards.
“The whole atmosphere of the game and being down here and the crowd, the fans, everything ,” one man said.
“Let’s go, O’s!” said a group of three boys.
The Orioles defeated the World Series Champion Red Sox 2-1 on Monday–much thanks to Nelson Cruz, who made his debut with the team by hitting a tie-breaking home run in the seventh inning.
“We’re just really psyched for another Orioles victory and a new Opening Day and a brand new year, so bring it on O’s,” one woman said.
Orioles fans started celebrating early.
“The weather was great. I had the day off. Why not?” one man said.
When the gates opened, a sea of black and orange flooded the yard.
And fans want one thing.
“A win. That’s all I care about today is a win,” one man said. “It’s a good start to the season.”
As usual, Opening Day was sold out as the Orioles celebrate the 60th anniversary of the club.
“The view is fabulous. The weather is great. We couldn’t have asked for a better day,” one woman said.
The Birds are back in town.
Fans say they are confident that the Orioles will make it to the playoffs this year.
The next game for the Orioles is Wednesday at 7:05 p.m. against the Red Sox.
Other Local News:
- Police Searching For Man Who Stabbed Passenger In Road Rage Incident
- Liquor Board Official Pleads Guilty To Bribery In Maryland
- Widow Of Workplace Shooting Victim Says He Feared Co-Worker
- Report: Baltimore City Council President Says Officers ‘Raping The City’ By Not Living In Baltimore
- Police Seek Suspects Who Used Stun Gun To Rob Man Outside Pharmacy