COCKEYSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) — Significant backups are expected after a gas leak in Cockeysville.
It happened shortly before 2 p.m. Tuesday in the 10500-block of York Road.
Authorities say construction workers had broken a gas line while working in the area. There have been no reports of injuries at this time.
Because of the gas leak, the traffic pattern on York Road between Warren Road and Railroad Avenue is being altered. Both northbound and southbound traffic on York Road will run in the southbound lanes in this area. Northbound lanes will be closed.
Motorists are encouraged to find an alternate route around the area.
Crews are on the scene but have no estimated time in which repairs will be finished.
Stay with CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Suspect In Custody After Neighbor Reportedly Hears Loud Sound, Bomb Squad Investigating
- Community Comes Together To Support Bartender Shot On Christmas Day
- ‘This Generation’s Tobacco Product’: New Ad Campaign Challenges Sugary Drinks
- Baltimore Tattoo Museum Raises Over $12K For BARCS With “Tats For Tails”
- Authorities Searching For Man Who Walked Away From House Arrest