Tyler Kepner is the national baseball correspondent for the New York Times. Tyler previously covered the Yankees and Mets in the New York area.
Tyler joined Ed & Steve to talk about how he predicted the Orioles to win the American League.
Tyler talked about how the Orioles are very underrated nationally, but when he looks at the roster he believes they are the best line-up in the MLB. Despite saying that the line-up is the best in the league Tyler picked the Cardinals pitching staff over the powerful O’s line-up in the World Series.
Tyler also talked about the Jim Johnson trade and that even though he realizes it was a salary dump he wishes the O’s had picked up more for JJ. Tyler also talked about Ubaldo Jimenez and how he believes it was a smart move despite a lot of criticism.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Former Oriole Charged With Battery, Arrested While Naked From Waist Down
- Orioles Head Groundskeeper Wins Award For Women’s Leadership In Business
- Orioles Outfielder Mark Trumbo Joins Orioles Hot Stove
- Orioles starting pitcher Chris Tillman joins the Hot Stove Show
- Orioles Get RHP Despaigne From Padres For Minor Leaguer