BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Get “Happy!” That’s the theme for this year’s African American Festival, and the mayor has announced the entertainment lineup.
This year’s free festival will include musical performances from “R&B Divas” star Monifa, Chico DeBarge, Jacob Latimore, and the rock-based funk band Mint Condition on Saturday, followed by gospel performances by The Choir Boyz, and “Preachers of L.A.” star Deitrick Haddon on Sunday.
R&B great Johnny Gill, and Grammy Award-winning artist Brandy will take the stage on Sunday evening to close out the festival.
More talent will be announced as the festival draws near.
In addition to entertainment, the free festival will include wellness seminars, health screenings and fitness demonstrations.
New this year is Xtreme Procision, a flag football skills challenge presented by Under Armour and former NFL star, LaVar Arrington.
The 38th annual event will take place at Camden Yards on June 21-22.
Other Local News:
- Victim Of Notorious Baltimore Priest Says Police Were In On Sexual Abuse
- Meet WJZ’s 2017 Black History Oratory Competition Winner: Jeremiah Pearl
- City Council Asking State To Turn Over Control Of Baltimore PD
- First Baltimore City Public School Student Wins Full-Tuition Scholarship To Stevenson
- Maryland’s Cardin Hits Trump On Russia Policy, Immigration