BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Get “Happy!” That’s the theme for this year’s African American Festival, and the mayor has announced the entertainment lineup.
This year’s free festival will include musical performances from “R&B Divas” star Monifa, Chico DeBarge, Jacob Latimore, and the rock-based funk band Mint Condition on Saturday, followed by gospel performances by The Choir Boyz, and “Preachers of L.A.” star Deitrick Haddon on Sunday.
R&B great Johnny Gill, and Grammy Award-winning artist Brandy will take the stage on Sunday evening to close out the festival.
More talent will be announced as the festival draws near.
In addition to entertainment, the free festival will include wellness seminars, health screenings and fitness demonstrations.
New this year is Xtreme Procision, a flag football skills challenge presented by Under Armour and former NFL star, LaVar Arrington.
The 38th annual event will take place at Camden Yards on June 21-22.
Other Local News:
- Man Convicted In Chandra Levy’s Death Won’t Be Retried
- Md. Woman Pleads Guilty To Killing 5-Year-Old Son With Poison
- Lead Prosecutors Break Silence On Freddie Gray Trials
- Storms Bring Heavy Rain, Flooding, Lightning Strikes To Md.
- 2 Officers Injured After Being Struck By Vehicles Fleeing Police In Dundalk