BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Get “Happy!” That’s the theme for this year’s African American Festival, and the mayor has announced the entertainment lineup.
This year’s free festival will include musical performances from “R&B Divas” star Monifa, Chico DeBarge, Jacob Latimore, and the rock-based funk band Mint Condition on Saturday, followed by gospel performances by The Choir Boyz, and “Preachers of L.A.” star Deitrick Haddon on Sunday.
R&B great Johnny Gill, and Grammy Award-winning artist Brandy will take the stage on Sunday evening to close out the festival.
More talent will be announced as the festival draws near.
In addition to entertainment, the free festival will include wellness seminars, health screenings and fitness demonstrations.
New this year is Xtreme Procision, a flag football skills challenge presented by Under Armour and former NFL star, LaVar Arrington.
The 38th annual event will take place at Camden Yards on June 21-22.
Other Local News:
- Police: 4 Dead In Serious Westminster Crash, One Car Was Going 100+ MPH
- 5 People Injured, 1 Killed In Multiple Shootings Tuesday
- Hate Crime Charge Brought Against Man Accused Of Killing Bowie St. Student
- Man Accused Of Fatally Stabbing Sister, 2 Cousins Charged With Murder
- Police Are Looking To Identify Gwynn Oak Bank Robbery Suspect