WASHINGTON (WJZ) — A grand jury is considering charging missing 8-year-old Relisha Rudd’s mother with obstruction of justice. This comes after police decide to end their search of a Northeast D.C. park for her body.
Police say Shameka Young insisted her daughter was safe three weeks after she went missing.
D.C. Police say they are concluding the search for Rudd at Kenilworth Park. After a week of searching the park, crews have not found any clues related to Rudd’s whereabouts.
Police did find her alleged abductor, Kahlil Tatum, at the park.
Tatum died of an apparent suicide.
Police say they do have other investigative leads and will continue searching for Rudd.
Rudd was last seen on March 1 with Tatum, who worked at the homeless shelter where Rudd and her family were staying.
Other Local News:
- Security Breach Raise Concerns Over City Schools Safety
- Regulations Urged for Police Surveillance in Maryland
- McDonough Thinks Trump Can Help Him Win a Congressional Seat
- Children in Baltimore Twice as Likely to Suffer from Asthma
- Fans Sound Off on Ravens Woes