WASHINGTON (WJZ) — A grand jury is considering charging missing 8-year-old Relisha Rudd’s mother with obstruction of justice. This comes after police decide to end their search of a Northeast D.C. park for her body.
Police say Shameka Young insisted her daughter was safe three weeks after she went missing.
D.C. Police say they are concluding the search for Rudd at Kenilworth Park. After a week of searching the park, crews have not found any clues related to Rudd’s whereabouts.
Police did find her alleged abductor, Kahlil Tatum, at the park.
Tatum died of an apparent suicide.
Police say they do have other investigative leads and will continue searching for Rudd.
Rudd was last seen on March 1 with Tatum, who worked at the homeless shelter where Rudd and her family were staying.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Senate OKs Bill On Struggling Schools
- Baltimore Says Goodbye To Cardinal William Keeler
- White House On Lockdown After Suspicious Package Found On Grounds
- Man Arrested For Attempted Murder Of Younger Brother
- Police Will Not Release Body Cam Footage In Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting