WALKERSVILLE, Md. (AP/WJZ) — Maryland State Police say a man assaulted two women jogging on a park path in Frederick County.
Police say the man grabbed a 37-year-old woman from behind as she jogged in Walkersville Community Park on Sunday afternoon. The woman fought back as the man tried to pull off her pants.
That’s when police say a 50-year-old woman jogger fought to get the man off the first woman and called 911, but she was assaulted by the man too. After a brief altercation, police say the man ran off.
State troopers and Frederick County sheriff’s deputies surrounded the area to search for the man, but he was not found.
The suspect is described as a young African American male, about, 5’6” to 5’ 8” tall, 150 pounds, with a thin build. He has a dark complexion with a very short, even-cut hair style and little to no facial hair. At the time of the assault, he was wearing light khaki cargo shorts, with a long-sleeved gray shirt with black block-style lettering on it.
Police say neither woman complained of serious injury. Both refused medical treatment.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- As State’s Casinos Compete, Maryland Live! Places Final Beam Of Attached Hotel
- Man Accused Of Fatally Stabbing Sister, 2 Cousins Charged With Murder
- 4 Dead In Serious Vehicle Accident In Westminster
- Hate Crime Charge Brought Against Man Accused Of Killing Bowie St. Student
- Puppies Brought To Maryland After Hurricane Maria Now Up For Adoption