WALKERSVILLE, Md. (AP/WJZ) — Maryland State Police say a man assaulted two women jogging on a park path in Frederick County.
Police say the man grabbed a 37-year-old woman from behind as she jogged in Walkersville Community Park on Sunday afternoon. The woman fought back as the man tried to pull off her pants.
That’s when police say a 50-year-old woman jogger fought to get the man off the first woman and called 911, but she was assaulted by the man too. After a brief altercation, police say the man ran off.
State troopers and Frederick County sheriff’s deputies surrounded the area to search for the man, but he was not found.
The suspect is described as a young African American male, about, 5’6” to 5’ 8” tall, 150 pounds, with a thin build. He has a dark complexion with a very short, even-cut hair style and little to no facial hair. At the time of the assault, he was wearing light khaki cargo shorts, with a long-sleeved gray shirt with black block-style lettering on it.
Police say neither woman complained of serious injury. Both refused medical treatment.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- Officer Receives Honor For Heroism After Apartment Explosion
- Protesters Interrupt Meeting To Ask Hogan To Speak Out Against Trump
- Large Number Of Teachers Stage ‘Sick Out’ At Baltimore School
- Looney’s Pub Shut Down for ‘Multiple Inspection Violations’
- Immigration Crackdown Worries Maryland’s Crab Industry