COLLEGE PARK, Md. (AP) — University of Maryland police say they’ve charged a man after a peeping Tom incident in a women’s bathroom in a classroom building.
Police announced the arrest of 21-year-old Ernest Marfo of Reisterstown on Monday.
A university worker went to a bathroom in the Biology-Psychology building on April 2, but police say she left when she noticed a phone on the ground with the lens pointed at her. The woman returned and questioned the person in the stall, but he grabbed the phone and left.
Police followed up on information about a possible suspect and arrested Marfo, who is charged with “disturbing activities at a school or college; molesting or threatening students or school personnel prohibited.”
Police say they are looking into possible links to electronic spying reports in university dormitories.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved)
Other Local News:
- FIRST WARNING WX: Bonnie Weakens to Tropical Depression; Flood Watch Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore
- Jolly Rogers An Integral Part Of Ocean City’s Appeal
- Church Community Outraged After Pastor Is Gunned Down In Baltimore
- Police: DC Man Charged With Sexually Abusing Teen At Mall