LINTHICUM, Md. (WJZ) — Police arrest a passenger at BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport when TSA officers find a loaded gun.
The TSA says the gun was caught by an X-ray machine at a security checkpoint on Sunday.
The gun was inside the man’s carry-on bag.
Police confiscated the loaded handgun, and arrested the man on a state weapons charge.
The firearm was loaded with seven rounds, with one in the chamber.
Maryland Transportation Authority Police say 36-year-old Ryan Watson of Stafford, Va., was charged with interfering with security procedures and wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun.
The Virginia man was originally ticketed to fly to Salt Lake City.
Other Local News:
- Family Files Lawsuit For Baltimore Co. Man Who Died After Encounter With Police
- Man Freed After Nearly 14 Years In Prison; Falsely Accused Of Murder
- 149 Killed As 7.1 Magnitude Quake Fells Buildings In Mexico
- Maryland Lobbyist Charged With Bribery In Liquor Board Case
- Marylanders Prepared To Help Caribbean Again With Maria Looming