LINTHICUM, Md. (WJZ) — Police arrest a passenger at BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport when TSA officers find a loaded gun.
The TSA says the gun was caught by an X-ray machine at a security checkpoint on Sunday.
The gun was inside the man’s carry-on bag.
Police confiscated the loaded handgun, and arrested the man on a state weapons charge.
The firearm was loaded with seven rounds, with one in the chamber.
Maryland Transportation Authority Police say 36-year-old Ryan Watson of Stafford, Va., was charged with interfering with security procedures and wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun.
The Virginia man was originally ticketed to fly to Salt Lake City.
Other Local News:
- Md. Woman Who Fell Overboard Found Alive; Slept Overnight On Island
- Police: Cecil County’s Top Prosecutor Arrested In Ocean City
- Coast Guard Academy Sets Record for Female Enrollment
- Clues Sought In Killing of Rising Baltimore Rapper ‘Lor Scoota’
- East Coast States Want to Tax Mileage Instead of Gas