Passenger At BWI Arrested After Loaded Gun Found In Carry-On Bag
LINTHICUM, Md. (WJZ) — Police arrest a passenger at BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport when TSA officers find a loaded gun.
The TSA says the gun was caught by an X-ray machine at a security checkpoint on Sunday.
The gun was inside the man’s carry-on bag.
Police confiscated the loaded handgun, and arrested the man on a state weapons charge.
The firearm was loaded with seven rounds, with one in the chamber.
Maryland Transportation Authority Police say 36-year-old Ryan Watson of Stafford, Va., was charged with interfering with security procedures and wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun.
The Virginia man was originally ticketed to fly to Salt Lake City.
Other Local News:
- Person In Custody In Maryland Shootings
- Constant Ice And Snow Causing Issues On Md. Roads
- Flight Forced To Make Emergency Landing At BWI Marshall Airport
- Race To Replace Sen. Barbara Mikulski Wide Open
- Suspect Held In Shootings Near NSA And Other Md Locations