LINTHICUM, Md. (WJZ) — Police arrest a passenger at BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport when TSA officers find a loaded gun.
The TSA says the gun was caught by an X-ray machine at a security checkpoint on Sunday.
The gun was inside the man’s carry-on bag.
Police confiscated the loaded handgun, and arrested the man on a state weapons charge.
The firearm was loaded with seven rounds, with one in the chamber.
Maryland Transportation Authority Police say 36-year-old Ryan Watson of Stafford, Va., was charged with interfering with security procedures and wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun.
The Virginia man was originally ticketed to fly to Salt Lake City.
Other Local News:
- 2nd Day Of Spring Brings Most Significant Snow Of ‘Winter’ To Md.
- Rare $1,000 Bill Expected To Fetch $1M At Baltimore Auction
- Police: Maryland School Shooter Used His Father’s Handgun
- Man Indicted In Connection With Drug Overdose Death
- Judge Denies Maryland Senator’s Motion To Dismiss Charges