Passenger At BWI Arrested After Loaded Gun Found In Carry-On Bag
LINTHICUM, Md. (WJZ) — Police arrest a passenger at BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport when TSA officers find a loaded gun.
The TSA says the gun was caught by an X-ray machine at a security checkpoint on Sunday.
The gun was inside the man’s carry-on bag.
Police confiscated the loaded handgun, and arrested the man on a state weapons charge.
The firearm was loaded with seven rounds, with one in the chamber.
Maryland Transportation Authority Police say 36-year-old Ryan Watson of Stafford, Va., was charged with interfering with security procedures and wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun.
The Virginia man was originally ticketed to fly to Salt Lake City.
Other Local News:
- Washington Monument Reopens In Time For July 4
- Anne Arundel County Investigating After Man’s Body Found
- 40 New Citizens Welcomed In Baltimore Ceremony
- Search Resumes For Missing Boater
- Police: 50-Year-Old Man Dead After Shooting In Baltimore