LINTHICUM, Md. (WJZ) — Police arrest a passenger at BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport when TSA officers find a loaded gun.
The TSA says the gun was caught by an X-ray machine at a security checkpoint on Sunday.
The gun was inside the man’s carry-on bag.
Police confiscated the loaded handgun, and arrested the man on a state weapons charge.
The firearm was loaded with seven rounds, with one in the chamber.
Maryland Transportation Authority Police say 36-year-old Ryan Watson of Stafford, Va., was charged with interfering with security procedures and wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun.
The Virginia man was originally ticketed to fly to Salt Lake City.
Other Local News:
- Heroin Overdose Deaths on Rise in Maryland
- Natural Bridge Becomes Virginia’s 37th State Park
- Police Reveal Identity of “Aviator” Serial Bank Robber
- Gas Prices Spike Following Pipeline Repairs
- Ex-Baltimore Cop Convicted of Aggravated Assault