Zinno’s 6-4-3: MLB Round-Up
It’s back! My weekly 6-4-3 MLB round-up. Each week I will rank the top 6 teams, give you 4 notable stats and rank the 3 worst teams in the league. Week 1 … Ready. Set. Go!
1. Giants – it’s a place I think they will be all season. Last year was the aberration.
2. Tigers – they will do it with offense and pitching again. There’s not a team in the AL Central that can hang with them.
3. Nationals – they are hoping not to repeat their slow start from last year. One they never recovered from.
4. Brewers – I said they would be a competitive team. It’s early, but they should be challenging all season.
5. Mariners – King Felix and Cano will lead them all year. It’s a good early return on their investment.
6. Rays – they should have enough to keep them atop a muddled AL East. They’ve done it before. They will do it again.
1. Felix Hernandez is still pretty good. 2 wins, a 1.88 ERA and 19 strikeouts in his first two starts. Yeah, that’s good.
2. Chris Sale will be a Cy Young candidate. He’s also 2-0 with a 1.76 ERA and a 0.72 WHIP. He’s the best thing on the South Side.
3. Mark Trumbo wants to make the Angels look bad. He’s got 11 hits so far, six of them are extra base hits and five of those six are home runs.
4. Josh Hamilton may be returning to form. He’s batting .500 so far. The Angels won’t contend without him producing for them.
1. Diamondbacks – they haven’t recovered from their trip Down Under. They wish their record was upside down.
2. Reds – it’s early but slow starts never are good. Especially for new managers.
3. Padres – San Diego is such a beautiful city for such an ugly baseball team.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles Acquire OF Travis Snider In Trade With Pirates
- Sports Rehab: Steve Melewski talking Orioles
- Orioles Hot Stove Show: Buck Showalter & Matt Wieters
- News From The Bird’s Nest With Roch Kubatko
- Previewing FanFest 2015